Dating in Portland: Let love bloom in the rose city
Portland may be known for beards, booze, and being weird, but there’s so much more to the city than that. Anyone dating in Portland will have access to a great arts and culture scene as well as some of the best restaurants in the country. Outdoorsy Portland singles can look forward to fantastic hiking and skiing and even some sun. Plus, over half the people here are single1, making dating in Portland easier than ever.
Table of content:
Is Portland good for dating?
A recent WalletHub survey ranked Portland fifth in the best cities in America to date in2, belying the city’s reputation as a place where it’s hard to get a date.
Some people ask why dating is hard in Portland, but it’s not – it’s just different. This is a city of freelancers and service industry workers, meaning that you might have to be creative when it comes to finding time for a date. Plus, that legendarily laidback attitude can translate to being passive when it comes to your romantic life. But take heart; finding Portland singles who have the time for you and are willing to put in the work to make a relationship do exist.
Where to meet singles in Portland
If you’re wondering where to meet singles in Portland, some suggestions to get you started:
Best free spots to meet other Portland singles:
- Wander the city and enjoy the many public art exhibits.
- Browse Powell’s, the largest indie bookstore in the world.
- Explore local crafts at the Saturday Market.
- Spend an evening at Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland’s Living Room.
- Hike through Forest Park.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles:
- Explore Portland’s history at Pittock Museum.
- Get a dose of culture in at the Portland Art Museum.
- Spend a day with the animals at the Oregon Zoo.
- Enjoy a sunny day at Mount Tabor Park.
- Attend a crafting class for the highly inspired at Make and Mary.
Best singles bars in Portland:
- Killingsworth Dynasty: for when you don’t want to go downtown to dance
- Rontoms: for the hipster lovers among you.
- Crush: Your friendly neighborhood bar, but gayer.
- The Liquor Room: The best kind of bachelor pad.
- Bar Bar: for after concerts at Mississippi Studios.
From Coffee to Romance: How Online Dating is Brewing a Love Revolution in Portland
Tired of the same old options when it comes to dating in Portland? It’s time to consider online dating, as more and more singles in Portland have over the years. There are several great reasons to take your search for love online:
- It lets you broaden your dating pool outside of what’s available locally.
- It puts you in the driver’s seat when it comes to pursuing potential partners.
- It lets you find other eligible singles from your car, while waiting in line…
- It lets you search in the pockets of time you have available to you.
- It lets you narrow your search to people who are looking for the same kind of relationship you are.
Why eharmony is a great choice for dating in Portland
It doesn’t matter how old you are, where you’re from, whether you prefer hiking or sitting back with a book, a cold beer or a glass of wine. eharmony and our unique Compatibility Matching System can help you find someone you can build a deep connection with. Since 2000, eharmony, the no. 1 trusted dating app3, has been helping couples all across America and even the world find real love. In fact, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony!
How to find someone special with eharmony:
All you need to start dating in Portland with eharmony is your phone or computer
- Simple and quick sign up: First, you’ll sign up on our dating site or app.
- Next step – Compatibility Quiz: This is a detailed questionnaire that asks about your likes, dislikes, and much more. We use it to find eligible singles who you might be compatible with.
- Fill in your profile: Your profile is an easy way to let other eharmony users get to know you. Don’t worry about getting stuck; we have plenty of questions and prompts to help you out.
- Sit back and relax: eharmony does the work of finding singles for you using our unique Compatibility Matching System that ranks users by how compatible they are with you.
- Get in touch: Once you have the list of interesting singles (ranked by compatibility for ease of use) check out interesting profiles and if you find one, take the next step on your dating journey and send a message, or if you’d rather start small, our Icebreaker feature lets you get in touch in a lower-pressure way.
Spice Up Your Love Life: Unleash 10 Unique First Date Ideas in Portland
Portland has no shortage of great first date locations. Some options:
- Stop and smell the roses at the International Rose Test Garden.
- Indulge your taste buds at one of Portland’s many food trucks.
- Take a tour of one of the city’s many excellent craft breweries.
- Is there any more Portland date than a trip to Voodoo Donuts?
- Go old school with game night at Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade and Bar.
- Head to Salt and Straw for uniquely delicious ice cream.
- Walk around the Portland Japanese Garden.
- Pack a picnic and head to Oaks Park.
- Take a class at one of the city’s many makerspaces.
- Give a pizza date an upgrade at Lovely’s Fifty Fifty.
Portland’s Love Story Begins with You: Take the first step today
Regardless of whether you love the wild outdoors, prefer the serene beauty of the various gardens, or would rather be indoors with a beer, there’s always something to do in Portland. All that remains is for you to find someone to do it with. Sure, you could try dating in Portland the old-fashioned way, but you could also join thousands of happy couples who’ve found real love and sign up for eharmony today.