- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
- Mobile Push Notifications
- If Information Is Not Provided
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Third-Party Advertising
- Age Restrictions
- Custom Audience
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Links to or Access from Other Sites
- Right to Access, Delete, Correct/Update Your Personal Information
- Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
- Dispute Resolution
- Contact Us
- Effective Date
1. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
In order to provide our Services, we collect information about you that, alone or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you as an individual (“personal information”). What personal information we collect and process when you use our Services depends on how and why you interact with us.
Personal Information You Provide. When you register for an account or subscribe to any of our Services, we collect a variety of information about you, including your contact information such as your name, email address, contact number, mailing address, date of birth, dating preferences, etc. When you sign up for our Services, you may provide us with answers to our proprietary questionnaire (our Compatibility Quiz), which we use to build a personality profile for you and to match you with other compatible singles. You may also choose to provide us with your photo(s) which may contain personal information. By providing us photo(s) you agree that we may make them available to your potential partners and users of eHarmony’s Services. We may also collect your name, contact information (such as your email), and a copy of your correspondences with us, if you contact us. If you correspond with other eharmony members through the eharmony platform, we will collect and store this information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and payment information, including but not necessarily limited to credit or debit card information and associated account information. If you would like us to delete such payment information from our systems, you may contact us as described under the “Contacting Us” section below.
Sensitive Personal Information. During the registration process and while updating your profile, you may provide us with personal information that is considered “sensitive” in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to, religious beliefs, ethnicity and political views. This information is only used by us to provide the services to you. You may change update your information by accessing your profile at any time or select the “prefer not to specify” option in response to any questions requesting such information.
Surveys. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any personal information, and all responses are anonymous.
Personal Information We Automatically Collect. When you access or or use our Services, we automatically collect information about how you access and use our Websites and Services. The information we collect includes your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. If you use a mobile device to access or download any of our Services, we may also collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, and version information. We use this information in the aggregate to analyze trends, administer our Services, prevent fraud, understand how users interact with our Services, and gather demographic information to tailor our visitors’ experience on our Services, show them content that we think they might be interested in, and display the content according to their preferences. We do not share this information with third parties.
The technologies we use to automatically collect data from you may include:
1. Cookies & Web Tracking. We use “cookies” to keep track of some types of information while you are accessing or using our Services. Cookies are very small files placed on your computer, and they allow us to count the number of visitors to our Websites and distinguish repeat visitors from new visitors. They also allow us to save user preferences and track user trends. We rely on cookies for the proper operation of our Websites; therefore if your browser is set to reject all cookies, the website will not function properly. Some cookies are automatically erased after the end of the browser session (these are “session cookies”), whereas other cookies are stored for a predetermined amount time or permanently in your browser, before they erase themselves (these are “temporary” or “permanent” cookies).While a cookie may distinguish your device, it will not name you. Almost every website uses cookie technology.
You can find more details about the cookies and pixels that we use for the Websites here and for the Applications here. We have listed the name of each cookie, as well as the intended purpose of the cookie and other important information.
What kind of cookies does eHarmony use?
Strictly necessary cookies
We use certain cookies to make sure that our website and our Service is easy, secure and safe to use. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for (such as a secure website and Service), would not be possible. This category of cookies includes:
Personal Information We Receive from Others. In addition to personal information you provide us directly, and that we collect automatically, we also may receive personal information from:
- Fraud-detection and credit-reference agencies to correct our records and help prevent and detect fraud;
- Sources that are available to the public, which we might combine with information that we collect from you directly; and
- A family member or someone else acting on your behalf.
We encourage users to refer a friend to our Service by sending us a friend’s name and email address. We will send that person a one-time e-mail containing your name and inviting them to visit our site. This e-mail will contain a contact-address to send their request if they want to unsubscribe. We will not keep information about your friend in our database after the email has been sent. If you refer a friend, you agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in eharmony’s Services. For some of our Services, you may also give gift memberships to your friends, in which case we will use your friends’ e-mail address that you provide in order to deliver the gift.
2. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide, improve and secure our Services;
- Establish and manage user accounts, such as your “My Profile”;
- Display the public fields of your profile to your potential partners, including recent login date, user name, photos, videos, and other profile content;
- Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage our Services, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Process transactions;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, notifying of matches for our Singles Service, Service announcements and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you regarding promotions, including newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts and event notifications. Our communications may include advertisements and other third-party promotional materials, campaigns and tools.;
- Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
- Enable posting on our blogs, forums, and other public communications;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities including collecting on outstanding and past due account balances;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies;
- Achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
One of the methods we use to communicate with you in connection with eHarmony’s Services may be by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us). For example, you may sign up for a text messaging service (“SMS Verification”) which enables eharmony to verify your phone number via a confirmed text message and display such verification in your public account (as a security measure for your potencial partners’ benefit). If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your account preferences page(s), or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. You may also opt-out of the SMS Verification service please send us an e-mail at any time. Please note that we or one of our service providers may contact you by telephone in connection with an outstanding and past due balance on your account. Opting out of receiving telephone calls will not opt you out of receiving calls related to an outstanding balance.
In addition to the uses outlined above, by accessing or using our Services, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships. This research, conducted by psychologists and behavior research scientists, may be published in academic journals. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no personal information will be published.
3. Mobile Push Notifications
We will send you push notifications if you choose to receive them for purposes of receiving notice of potencial partners for our Service, letting you know when someone has sent you a message, or for other Service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications you may turn them off at the device level.
4. If Information is Not Provided
If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, this may limit our ability to fulfil the applicable purpose for collection and the services we are able to provide you. For example, we may not be able to consider or process your payment, match you with other users or provide a particular service you have requested.
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In general we may disclose personal information we collect:
- With affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who help us perform and deliver our Services, subject to confidentiality agreements, including: customer care agents; technology assistants; service fulfillment; form processing; website management and hosting; information technology and security; email and newsletter delivery; marketing vendors; auditing; collection agencies; and credit card processing;
- With third parties such as advertising partners, including direct partners and advertising networks, and corporate sponsors;
- With the appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
- With legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a network partner to comply with applicable laws;
- With necessary third parties in connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets;
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
- With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the Services you are subscribed to allow that functionality.
In addition, eHarmony may disclose personal information as follows.
- To Your Potential Partners. As an integral part of providing the eHarmony Service, we will disclose your profile information (including, but not limited to, last login date, whether you are currently online, your compatibility score) to your potential partners. Photos and other profile information posted by you will be available to subscribers that are matched with you. We never share your contact information with your potential partners.
6. Third-Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of eharmony. These companies may employ cookies or pixels to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and pixels is anonymous. Some of these third-party advertising agencies may be members of the Digital Advertising Alliance , which offers you the option to opt out of ad targeting from its member agencies by following the procedures listed here or for applications, access the AppChoices website here.
We may also share your personal information (such as your IP address, device identifier or hashed email address) with third-party advertising companies to allow these companies to deliver relevant advertising to you.
7. Age Restrictions
We only accept registrations to our Services from users who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in applicable jurisdictions)If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information through our Services, please notify us as specified below and we will endeavor to delete that information from our systems in accordance with applicable law.
8. Custom Audience
We may also use advertising services provided by third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites). For example, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to help us find audiences that are likely to be interested in our Services.
We store information in a combination of electronic storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. While we cannot guarantee your personal information is completely secure at all times, we have administrative, organizational, technical, and physical security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information collected and processed. These measures include the use of firewalls, digital certificates, Security Socket Layer (SSL)and encryption technology during credit card transactions and administrative access to site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information.
10. “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use or visit our Websites. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). Please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser for more information.
11. Links to or Access from Other Sites
You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional emails.
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional e-mails you wish to opt-out of:
P.O. Box 241810
Los Angeles, CA 90024 USA
- For the eHarmony Service, select our Help link from your account home page and search our FAQ’s to find the answer you are looking for, or send us an e-mail and our Customer Care agents will be happy to assist you; or
- For any Services that allow you to control which e-mails you receive, go to the Notifications page, and uncheck the undesired promotions.
13. Right to Access, Delete, Correct/Update Your Personal Information
eHarmony provides users the following options to access, change, correct, update or delete information previously submitted to us.
eHarmony requires that some personal information updates (such as date of birth changes) be processed by our customer care group for verification purposes and to protect other members. In order to make such personal information updates, please contact Customer Care at this link for further assistance.
Data Access Request
If you would like to submit a request to access your personal information in accordance with applicable law, you can do so by: (i) clicking on this link, signing in to your account on the linked webpage, and following the instructions to request a copy of your personal information, or (ii) filling out the online Customer Care form available at this link. Please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
Please note that your right to know can be exercised without justification and free of charge. However, we may request a fee, notably when requests are unfounded, excessive or have a repetitive character. We are not required to provide access to personal information more than twice in 12 months.
Data Deletion Request
If you are a Basic member (as defined in our Terms and Conditions) and have no unused virtual goods purchases reflected in your account, you can log into your account on our website, select Data & Settings, Profile Visibility and click “here” or click directly on this link to delete your profile and the data contained in your profile. Please note that this deletion on your own is only possible on our website and not in our apps. If you cannot log in on our Website, you need to submit a data deletion request using the link below.
If you are a Premium member (as defined in our Terms and Conditions) or a Basic member who has unused virtual goods purchases in your account, please submit a data deletion request using the link below.
To submit a data deletion request, you can fill out the online form available at this link.
Data Correction Request
All members may update or correct certain personal information directly in their account (e.g., email address, settings). Other personal information updates and corrections (e.g., date of birth) must be processed by our Customer Care team for verification purposes. In accordance with applicable law, we may not be able to update personal information if we are unsuccessful in verifying your identity or the accuracy of such information. To request a correction/update of any personal information that cannot be self-updated, please contact our Customer Care team at this link.
To protect your privacy, we must verify your identity to process your request for access to specific data, to correct or to delete data. To do that and if you are a Basic or Premium member, please login and send us your request through one of the contact links above. If you maintain your eharmony account with a unique eharmony email/password combination (rather than Facebook or Apple login), you may be asked to re-input your login credentials as an additional verification step. If you maintain your eharmony account through Facebook or Apple login, then you may be asked to verify your identity by providing certain information, including but not necessarily limited to: your profile ID or email address associated with your account, and your service password (that is not your personal login password), date of birth, or zip/postal code associated with your account.
If you request your data through the customer care form, we will request certain account information to verify your identity that may include the following: the email address associated with your profile, your profile ID and your service password (that is not your personal login password), your date of birth, and/or your zip/postal code. Your profile ID and service password are assigned to you when you register to our Service. You can access these at any time in your online profile on our website in the section entitled “My Data & Settings” > “Manage Profile”. If you cannot provide us with such information, we will ask you to provide other account information to verify your identity.
We will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to, correct, or delete your data when you request it, but there may be circumstances in which we may not provide access to, correct, or delete data as allowed by law. For example, we are not required to correct or delete personal information needed to provide a service you’ve asked us to provide, to detect fraudulent or illegal activity, for bookkeeping or tax purposes (e.g., transaction data), if your identity could not be verified, or data that is required for legal purposes. Also, we are not required to provide access to information that contains legal privilege, if your identity could not be verified, or where the information would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, like intellectual property rights. If we determine that your request for access, deletion, or correction should be denied or restricted for any reason , we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries.
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please let us know when you make your request. You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf if: (i) the authorized agent is a natural person or a registered business entity; and (ii) you sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please take the following steps:
- Mail your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf, certified by a California notary public, to this address: eHarmony, Inc., P.O. Box 241810, Los Angeles, CA 90024, Attn: Data Request; and
- Provide any information we request as described above and/or in our response to verify your identity.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney, we will respond to any request from such authorized agent without the steps above.
Any access, deletion or correction requests that can be processed by us will be done so within 45 days from the date we receive your request unless we notify you that an extension is required. In case of an extended completion period, we will process your request within 90 days from the date of your original request. If we are unable to satisfactorily verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request.
You may appeal any refusal by eharmony to act on a request under this section by responding to eharmony’s email which includes the refusal language. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices. Some of the functionality and features on our Services, however, may change or no longer be available to you.
14. Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
- For Basic Memberships (as defined in the Agreement) we will automatically delete your personal information after 2 years of inactivity.
- For Basic Memberships with unused Match Unlock purchases, we will retain your personal information for 2 years after the Basic Membership becomes inactive (i.e., after your last login), or at the latest 4 years after the date of your last Match Unlock purchase, whichever is earlier.
- Premium Membership data will continue to be stored for the duration of the membership unless you request deletion of your profile, provided that there is no statutory storage obligation that applies to that information. If your data is subject to a mandatory storage period, we will ensure that this information is isolated and stored until the expiration of the mandatory retention period. Once your Premium Membership is over, your Premium Membership will be converted into a Basic Membership. In this case, the description above relating to the retention period of Basic member data will apply.
You can find an exhaustive list here of the categories of personal information eharmony has collected, used and/or disclosed , the business or commercial purposes for which such information was collected, the categories of third parties with which we share your personal information, and our retention periods for each category of personal information collected.
16. Dispute Resolution
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at the address or email address listed above.
17. Contacting Us
Contact for More Information or Questions?
If you have any questions about this section or about exercising your rights described above, you can contact us by mailing us at:
10900 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 17
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Or you can reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Effective Date
This privacy statement was last revised on November 22, 2023.
Copyright © 2023 eHarmony, Inc. All Rights Reserved. EHARMONY, and other marks, colors, and images are registered and common law trademarks of eHarmony, Inc. Other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.