Oklahoma city Dating: Become more than friends in the Big Friendly
Known for its big heart, its cowboy culture, and wide-open spaces, Oklahoma City is called the Big Friendly for a reason. The city has been a crossroads and key driver of the local economy since before Oklahoma became a part of the United States, and even today, it punches above its weight when it comes to things to see and do, especially for anyone considering the Oklahoma City dating scene.
Table of content:
Oklahoma City dating: how easy is it?
There are many reasons why singles in Oklahoma City find dating easier than in the rest of the country – a low cost of living means more singles can explore the many places OKC has to offer when it comes to meeting new people. According to a recent Apartment List survey, the city was #26 on a list of best cities to date in America1 – not too shabby, considering the population of a little under 700,000.2 That said, you’ll find all manner of people among that 700,000, from cowboys to entrepreneurs to government workers (they’ll likely all be football fans, though), meaning that no matter where your interests lie, the odds of finding someone who feels the same way you do are high.
Where to meet Oklahoma City singles
If you’re wondering how to meet people in Oklahoma City, some options to consider:
Best free places to get to know other singles:
- Watching the birds at Hefner Lake and Park.
- Exploring the Paseo Arts District on First Friday.
- Watching horses race at Remington Park.
- Seeing auctions at the National Stockyard Exchange.
- Wandering the trails at Scissorhead Park.
Best attractions and museums to meet other Oklahoma singles:
- Be a tourist in your own city with a Bricktown Water Taxi tour.
- Take in a little culture at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
- Enjoy a more modern art experience at Factory Obscura’s Mix-Tape.
- Learn about America’s original inhabitants at the First Americans Museum.
- Get a taste of the wild side at the Oklahoma City Zoo.
Best singles bars in Oklahoma City:
- Empire Slice House: for those who appreciate good pizza as well as good beer.
- Edna’s: Home of the legendary Lunchbox cocktail.
- The Pump Bar: Enjoy a range of classic beers over a cult movie.
- Eischen’s: The oldest bar in Oklahoma and one of the best.
- The Metro Wine Bar and Bistro: For singles seeking out a more upscale experience.
Online dating in Oklahoma City
While friends setting you up or running into someone at a bar will always have its place, more and more people choose to go online when it comes to finding that special someone. Especially for anyone who has had experience of Oklahoma City dating, looking for potential partners on the internet offers several advantages over its traditional counterpart:
Online dating in Oklahoma…
- …is much more convenient, given how spread out the city is.
- …means your dating pool is much larger than if you go the traditional route.
- …lets you set the pace and take your time getting to know people.
- …lets you search when you have time to spare and places like the grocery store or even in bed.
- …lets you zero in on precisely the kind of relationship you want.
Why Oklahoma City singles should choose eharmony
No matter your age, your background, or your interests, eharmony is here to help you find real love with someone who wants the same kind of relationship you do. Our unique Compatibility Matching System has been helping couples find each other for over twenty years – in fact, someone falls in love on eharmony every 14 minutes!
Unlock the Secret to Finding Your Perfect Match: A Beginner’s Guide to Using eHarmony
It’s easy to get started with eharmony – just five simple steps and you’ll be on your way.
- Create an account: The first step is to create an eharmony account, either on the site or the app.
- Take the quiz: The Compatibility Quiz, a detailed questionnaire every eharmony user fills out, is the foundation of your eharmony experience. We use it to find you eligible singles you can form real connections with.
- Fill out your profile: Your profile is an easy way for people to get a glimpse of your personality, so it’s important to fill in all the details. If you need help, we have prompts, questions and polls you can use to get unstuck.
- Sit and relax: Once you’ve submitted your Compatibility Quiz, eharmony’s unique Compatibility Matching System searches our extensive pool of eligible singles to find other users who would be a good fit for you.
- Make the first move: There are several ways to start a conversation on eharmony, from a low-pressure Icebreaker sending a smile or a message.
Fall in Love with OKC: 5 First Date Ideas Perfect for Creating Lasting Memories
If you met someone interesting offline or on a OKC dating site here are some great first date ideas:
- Go on a first date with a difference at Bad Axe Throwing.
- Enjoy a laughter-filled evening at the Bricktown Comedy Club.
- Go retro with date at the Winchester Drive-In.
- Have a sweet time together at Marble Slab Creamery.
- Go biking at Bluff Creek Park.
- Add some culture to date night with a performance by the Oklahoma City Ballet.
- Put your heads together at the Red Door Escape Room.
- Head to Lunar Golf at Quail Springs for miniature golf.
- Tear up the ice together at Devon Ice Skating Rink.
- Go for a romantic walk together at the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
Experience the Thrill of Oklahoma City Dating: Discover Your Perfect Match Today
Oklahoma City dating has got it all – a plethora of places to meet other singles and plenty of things to do once you’ve found someone you’d like to go on a date with, no matter whether you love the outdoors, are a history buff, would rather spend your time exploring a museum, or anything in between. When it comes to looking for love online, there’s no better OKC dating site than eharmony, so sign up and get started on your journey to real love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.