Oklahoma City is known as ‘The Big Friendly’, and for good reason – you couldn’t meet a nicer bunch of people. Plus, there’s so much to do when it comes to dating in Oklahoma City, from partying in Bricktown to expanding your horizons at one of the city’s many museums to wandering around the Myriad Gardens. And with over half (52%) of the population being single, you have a good starting point to find a partner.
Why dating can be a challenge in OKC
Oklahoma City has been described as a big small town, and that’s true in both good ways and bad. The good: you’ll find plenty of small-town charm and politeness here. The bad: everyone knows everyone, which can make dating in Oklahoma City a challenge. Plus, breaking into long-established friend groups can be challenging for newcomers, especially if you’re not a sports fan, or your opinions are out of step with the local culture. But don’t worry, Oklahoma City singles – with time and patience (and a willingness to learn) you’ll soon find a place for yourself in the dating scene here.
How to meet people in Oklahoma City
Here are some picks for the best places to meet someone new:
- Volunteering is a great way to do some good while meeting fellow altruistic singles.
- Another great way to meet single men and women in Oklahoma City is through extracurricular activities like dance clubs, improve classes, or even retreats at the Osage Forest of Peace Retreat Center.
- Or take Fido for a walk at one of the city’s many dog parks and meet animal-loving singles.
The benefit of dating in OKC with eharmony
While the city’s reputation for friendliness is well-deserved, its rapidly growing economy and plethora of things to do can mean that finding time to date can be a challenge for Oklahoma City singles. Add to that that the small-town vibe here means chances are you already know most of the eligible singles around, and it’s no wonder that dating in Oklahoma City is rapidly shifting towards apps. Online dating allows singles to choose from a larger variety of potential partners while making it easy to find someone with the same interests as you.
And with eharmony, taking the first steps towards finding love on an app couldn’t be easier.
- First, you need an account on the platform. You can do this either by downloading the dating app (for iOS or Android) or going directly to eharmony.com.
- Next, select your gender, and the gender you’re looking for, and enter your email. You can also use your Apple or Facebook IDs.
- Once that’s done, it’s time to take the Compatibility Quiz, which is the cornerstone of the eharmony system, so it’s important to set aside a time when you can give your full attention to it.
- Now just sit back, relax, and let eharmony do its thing. Your answers are used to create a detailed Personality Profile for you, then the Personality Profile is feed into the Compatibility Matching System where an algorithm runs it against all the other profiles in the database, using 136 points of comparison to make sure that you’ll only find people who match your values and vision as well as your search criteria.
- Once the algorithm is done, it creates a Match List – a list of all the singles who’ve been judged to be compatible with you, handily sorted in order of most to least. All that remains for you is to say hello!
Fun Oklahoma City first date ideas
Even if you meet online, at some point a real-world first date has to happen.:
- A cruise down the Oklahoma river is a great first date idea. Plus, you can pick the type of cruise (Cocktail? Ghost-themed? Wild West?) depending on your individual tastes.
- Take a long meandering walk around the OK City Zoo and get to know each other between petting the sting rays and cooing over the prairie dogs.
- If you’d rather do your exploring indoors, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art is a great way to get a little culture during your date.
Dating in Oklahoma City is brilliant to find a compatible partner
If you’re looking to make connections, there are very few places better than OKC. From great museums to a thriving food scene to gorgeous natural wonders in the city and outside of it, all that’s missing for Oklahoma City singles is a partner to enjoy this great city with. So, sign up for eharmony and start your OKC love story today!
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.