Dating in Fresno Is a Great Idea – There Are So Many Raisins
Located close to the geographical center of California, and home to Sun-Maid, Fresno is one of the Golden State’s hidden gems. There’s plenty to do for singles in Fresno, the fifth-largest city in California, including a thriving arts and culture scene, sports galore, great food and even an underground garden. Plus, with singles being 57% of the population, there’s plenty of opportunity for dating.
Why traditional dating in Fresno can be challenging
Fresno’s location in the Central Valley has many advantages – easy access to fresh fruit and vegetables, for instance – but there’s a downside. Being inland means no fresh coastal breeze, which makes Fresno summers some of the hottest around. Add to that the pollution, also made worse by the city’s location, and it’s no wonder that Fresno singles avoid being outside. But you shouldn’t let that deter you – the opportunities for dating in Fresno still far outweigh the drawbacks, you just need to put in a little extra effort, which is what dating is all about.
Where and how you can meet singles In Fresno
Here are our recommendations for the best places to meet singles in Fresno:
- Fresno is a sports-mad town. Go cheer on the Grizzlys or the Bulldogs at a home game or go to a sports bar. Because even if your team doesn’t win, you might just wind up meeting a potential partner. A win either way!
- If you’d rather play than watch, there’s plenty to pick from, including yoga classes, biking clubs, and hiking groups. It’s a great way to get fit with like-minded singles.
- Fresno loves its festivals – between the Rogue Festival, the Reel Pride Film Festival, the annual Mardi Gras Parade, and the Highland Gathering and Games, there’s plenty of opportunity to meet other party-loving singles.
eharmony takes dating in Fresno into the 21st century
In a city like Fresno, where the opportunities for traditional dating can be limited, more and more Fresno singles are turning to sites like eharmony. If you’re interested in dating in Fresno, eharmony and other dating sites are great ways to narrow down the possibilities. In addition, online dating means you’re not limited to just people in your area, or the vagaries of bad weather and even worse timing. Plus, eharmony makes it easy to connect with people who want the same thing in a relationship as you.
Compatibility is key for online dating in Fresno
With over 20 years of experience getting couples together, eharmony’s expertise when it comes to helping create lasting love stories in unparalleled. One of the keys to our success is our focus on compatibility.
When you sign up for the dating site or app, the first thing you’re asked to do is take the Compatibility Quiz, the cornerstone of how our matching system works. Here’s a quick idea of how the whole thing works:
- About The Quiz – It’s important to take your time and really make sure you’re answering honestly. Your answers help us figure out your values, attitudes, habits and interests. eharmony also uses your answers to create your personalized list of 32 Compatibility Dimensions.
- About Its Contents – eharmony uses a mix of multiple-choice and open-ended questions. Don’t stress about getting something wrong, but do be sure not to hold back with us. The more accurate your answers, the more accurate our matching algorithm will be.
- About the Results – the cool thing about the Compatibility Quiz? It isn’t just a pathway to finding you potential partners, it’s a great way to get to know yourself better, too. While you wait for the Compatibility Matching System to find compatible singles that match your search criteria, take a look at your personality profile, which the test also generates. You might be surprised what turns up!
What you can do on your first date in Fresno
Whether you find someone who sparks your interest online or off, the first date is still super important. Our picks for great first dates:
- Relive the 80s with a roller-skating date at Cal State Clovis.
- Take advantage of the gorgeous scenery around Fresno – pack a picnic lunch and go for a hike in the mountains around town.
- Not an outdoors type? How about a date painting your own pottery at Color-Me-Mine? Bonus: it makes for a great souvenir.
- Do a traditional date with a twist at Roger Rocka’s, where you can partake of a meal while watching a show.
Dating in Fresno is worth the wait
Fresno may not have the name recognition of its more famous surrounding cities, but it’s still a great place for singles and couples alike. Dating in Fresno means access to great food and beautiful views, fascinating history and welcoming, friendly people. And with eharmony, finding someone to share this slice of the Golden State with is easier than ever.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.