We all know that those over the top magical love stories that we see in movies like The Notebook are rarely ever reality. And while real life romance is a little less enchanting it can still be extraordinary, especially in Seattle. In 2018 WalletHub ranked Seattle 6th in America for best places to be single with 60% of the city’s population single. And it’s no wonder with plenty to do both indoors and outdoors for Seattle singles and couples alike, it’s the perfect place to find love.
Why the idea of dating in Seattle leaves some people up in the air
Seattle is known for Starbucks, the Space Needle and the Seattle Freeze. For those of you who aren’t familiar, it’s the tendency of Seattleites to keep to themselves. They’ll be always polite – count on always being able to ask for change for a parking meter or opening a door for a stranger– but being more extroverted doesn’t come naturally to Seattleites. Add to that the ever-increasing pace of life in one of the country’s biggest tech hubs, and finding time to date can be a challenge for busy Seattle singles.
Tips for meeting singles in Seattle
The city might be known for the Seattle Freeze, but here are a few ways to get warm.
- Grab a coffee from the original Starbucks and stroll around Pike Place Market. Touristy? Sure. A great way to meet single men and women you may not otherwise? Absolutely.
- Seattle may not have its own NHL team yet, but the Seahawks, the Mariners, and even the local soccer club, Sounders FC, are all great places to meet someone new (and fingers crossed, they won’t be cheering for the other team!)
Dating in Seattle with eharmony
We know it’s hard to meet people in Seattle in person, so why not try dating apps? Doing it virtually takes the pressure off approaching a stranger in a bar, not to mention you can do it anywhere you can take your phone, and for busy Seattle singles, that’s a big deal. Plus, getting started is super easy. Look, decide, boom. Date acquired.
But just because life is busy doesn’t mean you have to fast track your love life. If you find yourself wanting to take it slow, really take the time to get to know a person and make sure you’re compatible, then look no further.
With eharmony, conversations and compatibility matter. There’s a range of features on the site and app to help you initiate contact:
- send a “Smile” to draw attention,
- get the ball rolling with the so called “Icebreaker” game that reveals your common preferences,
- keep talking via text chat or
- deepen that initial connection more personally via video dates.
Plus, the visible and Compatibility Matching System eharmony uses ensures that you’re matched with people who share your values, meaning that your chances of finding your perfect match higher.
No longer single in Seattle with eharmony
Shannon and Matt, who both chose eharmony because of the effort put into finding perfect partners, were very nearly neighbors! Matt moved out of apartment 3A the same day Shannon moved into 2B. While they may have been ships passing in the night then, it didn’t take very long post their second meeting for them to realize they wanted forever together.
Top 3 Seattle dating ideas
Finding some date ideas can be a challenge, so we thought we’d help think of places you can take that special someone, no matter what it is you like to do.
- Discover your inner da Vinci (or Jackson Pollock) at CANVAS!, where you and your date can sip wine while creating art.
- Even if you don’t like sports, you and your date will have a blast at Whirly Ball, a delightful mix of bumper cars, lacrosse, and basketball.
- More of a nature type? Take a walk in one of Seattle’s many parks, or enjoy the spectacular views from the Great Wheel or even a hot-air balloon.
Your happily ever after could be just a click away
Don’t let the fear of putting yourself out there scare you away from dating. No one ever said the path of true love runs smooth, and that’s as true on the Seattle dating scene as it is in fairy tales or romance novels. While the thought of putting yourself out there, might be scary, it’s like Michael Scott, I mean Wayne Gretzky, once said. You miss all the shots you don’t take. So sign up for eharmony and get started on your journey to happily ever after today.