Nicknamed The Best Little City in America, Sioux Falls combines the charm and welcoming nature of a small town with the amenities of a big city. Sioux Falls singles can enjoy outdoor activities like viewing the city’s namesake waterfalls, hiking, and skiing, as well as indoor activities like concerts and museums, not to mention a growing food scene. While the locals are friendly and there’s an almost 50-50 gender balance1, eharmony makes Sioux Falls dating easier and more fun.
Table of content:
Exploring the Heart of the Midwest: A Closer Look at the Thriving Dating Scene in Sioux Falls
With a little under 200,000 people, Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota, meaning that singles in Sioux Falls have a reasonably large dating pool to choose from. Outdoors-loving Sioux Falls singles are in luck, as there’s all manner of ways to enjoy nature here, from skiing and snowboarding to hiking or simply wandering the many beautiful parks. If you’re one of the many singles here who’d rather stay indoors, however, there’s no reason to despair. The city has plenty of activities for you too, from book groups at the local library to events at the Danny Sanford Premier Center. Regardless of how you like to spend your time, though, there’s plenty of ways for you to find other Sioux Falls singles to spend it with.
Where to meet other people in Sioux Falls
Still unsure where you have the best chance of meeting other singles based on your interests? We have summarized our top free places, popular attractions, and bars for you.
Best free places you can meet other Sioux Falls singles:
- Explore the waterfalls the city is named for at Falls Park.
- Hit the Big Sioux River Recreation Trail on foot, bike, or even rollerblade.
- Learn more about the history of Sioux Falls at the Old Courthouse Museum.
- Explore local crafts and delicacies at the Sioux Falls Farmer’s Market.
- Enjoy one of the free summer concerts at Levitt at the Falls.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles in Sioux Falls
- Explore with all five senses at the Museum of Visual Materials.
- Indulge your passion for wild animals at the Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum of Natural History.
- Catch a game at Sioux Falls Stadium.
- Brush up on your outdoor skills at The Outdoor Campus.
- Marvel at the odd and esoteric objects that fill the Pettigrew Home Museum.
Discovering the Best Singles Bars in Sioux Falls
While the outdoors is great, sometimes you just want to meet someone where it’s warm and there’s drinks and music. Some options for Sioux Falls singles:
- Wiley’s Tavern: Known for live music, flatbread pizza, and central location.
- Red Eye Bar & Casino: A dive bar known for its off-beat events.
- Crawford’s Bar: An old-school bar with a great atmosphere.
- Garage Bar: Keeps it simple and classic, both the food and the décor.
- Monks House of Ale Repute: For the beer aficionados in the crow.
Finding Love in the Digital Age: Navigating the Online Dating Scene in Sioux Falls
Did you know that a fifth of current relationships got their start online?2 No wonder more and more Sioux Falls singles are choosing to take their search for love online. Regardless of whether you’re dating in Sioux Falls or elsewhere, looking for potential partners on the internet has many advantages over doing it the old-fashioned way, including:
- Being able to look for partners from the comfort of your own home – and during South Dakota winters, that’s a big deal!
- Being able to search for love in the pockets of time that you have rather than spending hours at a time at a bar or event.
- Being able to look for people outside of your usual haunts.
- Being able to narrow your search to people who want the same things out of a relationship than you do.
Sioux Falls dating is easier with eharmony
eharmony is the perfect choice for Sioux Falls singles looking for a serious relationship. Our members come from all over the world, from different backgrounds, and have a wide variety of interests, so no matter who you are or what you’re interested in, the odds are high you’ll find someone who gets you. We’ve been in the business of helping people find love since 2000, and it’s no exaggeration to say that we’re pretty good at it – in fact, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony.
How to start dating with eharmony
Getting started on eharmony is easy – all you need is a device with an internet connection, and a little bit of time.
- Your first step will actually creating an eharmony account, either on the site or the app.
- Next, you’ll take the Compatibility Quiz. It’s the foundation of how eharmony works, a detailed questionnaire that asks you about everything from your likes and dislikes to what you want in a relationship. We use your answers to find eligible singles you can make real connections with.
- Then, you’ll fill out your profile: While pictures are great (and we encourage them!) a detailed profile picture is an even better way to let potential partners get to know you. You can also use prompts, questions, and polls to show off your personality further.
- Next, relax and let us do the work: Our Compatibility Matching System’s unique algorithm looks through our pool of dateable singles to find you potential partners based on how compatible you are with them.
- Finally, and most importantly, get started: You have a list; time to take the all-important step of reaching out. You can do so by sending a message, or if that feels like too much, the Icebreaker feature lets you start a conversation in a low-pressure way.
Fall in Love with Sioux Falls: 9 Must-Try First Date Ideas
Sioux Falls might be spread out, but there’s still plenty to do, especially on a first date:
- Enjoy a cup of coffee at The Source Roastery + Taproom.
- Laugh the evening away at Boss Comedy Club.
- See a movie at the Verne Drive In Theater.
- Play arcade games over drinks at EightyOne Arcade Bar.
- Have a breakfast date at Rosie’s Cafe.
- Play mini golf at Thunder Road Sioux Falls.
- Walk among butterflies at the Butterfly House and Aquarium.
- Enjoy drinks with a view at PAve.
- Or go for a romantic stroll around the Japanese gardens at Terrace Park.
Ready for Love? Discover the Exciting Dating Scene in Sioux Falls today
There are many reasons for singles to love this part of South Dakota, from how gorgeous it is to how friendly the people are to the low cost of living that makes life for Sioux Falls singles easier than in many other cities. There’s still the question of finding someone to have a relationship with, however, and while you could do it the old-fashioned way… eharmony is trusted for a reason. Sign up and take the first stop on the road to real love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.