How to Tell if a Guy Likes You? Signs and Tips to React Positively
You like someone and are wondering if they feel the same about you. You’re trying to pick those subtle signals and it’s hard to tell the difference So, how to tell if a guy likes you? It can be difficult to spot the signs if a guy likes you especially if you have just met or are in the getting to know phase. One of the easiest ways to catch the signs that he’s into you is by paying attention when you meet or text each other. His actions can speak a lot of unsaid words. You can also determine through his body language if he’s just flirting or genuinely interested in dating you. Read on to know the classic signals that a guy displays when he is interested in you.
Table of contents
- Giveaway signs a guy likes you – Through online chatting/ texting
- How to Tell if a Guy Likes You – Body language signs as proof
- How to Tell if a Guy Likes You through his actions and behavior
- How to tell if a guy does not like you? 5 Signs he is not interested in you
- Find someone who treats you right – eharmony for a meaningful connection
Giveaway signs a guy likes you – Through online chatting/ texting
1. He sends a lot of texts and flirty emojis
How to tell if a man likes you through his texting style? Messaging is very common these days, so concentrate on his messaging style and frequencies. A guy who like you will send you a lot of texts. He replies almost immediately if you have initiated a conversation. Getting all those heart eyes smileys? Be sure love is in the air.
Tip: Decoding emojis and sending flirty texts can be fun. It is a good sign of harmless flirting and playful teasing – enjoy the getting-to-know process.
2. He’s curious and asks personal questions
You met by chance, on a dating site and app or through a common friend. Whatever the medium is, a guy who is interested will ask questions and be curious to know more about you but not in an intrusive way. Texting is an easy method to open up and to keep in touch. You might think this is an unorthodox way of getting acquainted but it has so many benefits, so why not?
Tip: Be curious – stay upbeat in conversation.
3. He compliments you often
How to tell if a guy likes you through texting for sure? Guys like to shower compliments on women. You will notice the compliments are not fake. He’s fond of you and you can tell that.
Tip: Reciprocate with genuine compliments.
4. He is consistent and always respects your personal time
A guy who truly likes you will be consistent – he’ll ask about your day and is ready to listen to even your most mundane stories. He’ll try to make you laugh, and make you feel good about yourself. But he knows his limitations and will understand if you say you’re busy.
Tip: He cares for you. Make an effort to keep the conversation going.
How to Tell if a Guy Likes You – Body language signs as proof
Body language clues can be subtle and easy to miss. Pay attention.
1. He gives you a big welcoming smile or raises his brows
You know that ‘the whole face lights up’ kind of smile. When he first sees you, his brows shift up a bit too. These are subtle signs but clear indicators to answer the question ‘how to know if a guy likes you”.
Tip: Give him a warm smile and be relaxed around him.
2. He stares at your face and finds ways to touch you
His eyes take a little cruise around your face and body. He sits close to you and leans even closer when you talk. There will be lots of on-purpose touches, accidently of course! If you’re walking, he’ll put a protective arm around you. Out on a cold evening? He’s likely to lend you his coat – it shows he wants you to be comfortable, and it also gives him another reason to meet you to reclaim it!
Tip: Deciphering the subtle signals can be fun. Enjoy this phase.
3. He tries to mirror your gestures and actions
If a guy is mirroring your actions or words, it means he’s attracted to you. He’ll mimic your postures, gestures, and even words. He may be doing this deliberately, but not in a creepy way. For example, if white is your favorite color, chances are it will become his new color choice too.
Tip: He’s subconsciously signaling that he’s into you. Try to establish rapport.
4. He stumbles over his words
Your sheer presence is having an impact on him. You’re making him nervous and no, that isn’t your fault. When you find him stumbling on his words, it’s a sign of falling in love. He may pull his socks up, smooth his hair or fidget with his neck-tie when he is nervous. Large pupils, clammy hands, or a flushed face are other signs that indicate a guy likes you.
Tip: Everyone feels a little nervous when they are around a crush – give him a reassuring smile or say something nice to help ease his nerves.
5. He glances back
When you have to go in different directions after catching up, does he glance back one more time? If so, this is a great sign that he likes you. It means he cares about you and is checking to make sure that you are alright. He also wants to look at you one more time.
Tip: Solid indicator you are dating a caring guy – send him sweet messages. He’ll surely appreciate it when you say how happy you are to be with him today.
How to Tell if a Guy Likes You through his actions and behavior
1. He wants to be your hero
He makes you feel safe. If he’s trying to protect you, it means he’s possessive and cares for you deeply. For example, he’ll pull you away if another guy is hassling you in a bar. It need not be always about fistfights. Does he hold your hands while walking? Or, does he message or call to check if you reached safely?
Tip: He’s affected when you face the negatives. Try to reciprocate this feeling by being caring.
2. He has your full attention
He’ll be grossly attentive in any conversation with you. Are you facing a problem? He’ll go out of his way to search for a solution, even if it’s an issue he’s not well-versed in. He’ll take the initiative and try to organize your next meet. In short, he wants to spend more time with you and does not want you to be distracted by anything or anyone else.
Tip: Be proactive in spending time with him.
3. You engage in meaningful conversations
Is he showing interest in your interests? When you converse do you feel you really connect? Is he honest with you and talks without pretense? If there is some level of trust and understanding it’s an obvious sign that he likes you.
Tip: He could be your next great partner. Nurture this relationship.
4. He wants you to meet his friends
How to tell if a guy likes you if he’s introducing you to his friends? Mostly it only means he wants to show his friends he’s meeting or dating someone. Is he also taking you around to ‘couples’ events’? Guys normally don’t introduce every girl they meet to their closest circle.
Tip: Be friendly and nice when you meet them.
5. He doesn’t call it ‘hanging out’
Going to dinners or events without other friends is dating. He has been around whenever you needed help, he’s respectful to you, and he’s courteous in just about everything he does with you. He’s not trying to hide his feelings and is trying to pursue a more serious relationship.
Tip: Congrats! It’s an extraordinary feeling when someone you like feels the same about you.
How to tell if a guy does not like you? 5 Signs he is not interested in you
So, how to tell if a guy does not like you? If you’re looking forward to another date, concentrate on his body language. Lack of eye contact, pulling away when you try to hold hands are signs that confirm he’s not going to meet you again. Other obvious signs:
- He keeps dodging a date or cancels the last-minute: A guy who is not interested will give lame excuses, cut the date short, or will just disappear. Has he agreed to meet and then stood you up? It’s an obvious sign!
- He never initiates a conversation: If he isn’t interested he’ll not be around. Period. The signs are quite obvious: he’ll not call/ text, he ignores your messages or sends short replies.
- He does not want to be seen in public with you: First, he doesn’t ask you to hangout. Second, if you come with a suggestion, he either comes up with an excuse or brings another friend along. He’ll only hang out when it works for him.
- He does not make that extra effort for you: He doesn’t seem to give you any extra attention – When you’re together (which isn’t very often), you feel like he’s lost. There is no enthusiasm – he’s busy with his phone or just not paying enough attention.
- He does not treat you special or does not prioritize you: You can never count on him for anything and he has never treated you like a priority. You have even noticed him flirting with other women in front of you!
Find someone who treats you right – eharmony for a meaningful connection
Summing up the question “How to tell if a guy likes you? “. You ‘ll recognize it when someone who cherishes you – because they will help you be your best version. If you’ve been in a few bad relationships or never met someone who treated you right, then it is natural to have dating anxieties. But when you really connect with someone, you will feel life is beautiful! Join eharmony to find a calm and comforting relationship – everything will just seem a little better.