Sun and sand may be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Hawaii, and more specifically Honolulu, but there’s so much more to the city. From delicious food to one of the most visited military memorials in the US to breathtakingly gorgeous views almost no matter where you are, dating in Honolulu comes with a lot of side benefits. Regardless of whether you’re a beach bum, a history aficionado, or just someone who enjoys the laidback Aloha spirit of the island, it’s possible to find singles in Honolulu who share your interest… or at least have fun trying!
eharmony’s HOnolulu dating check
best city for singles
according to Wallethub study
of the Honolulu population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
high cost of dating in Honolulu
top 3 Honolulu date spots
- Iolani Palace Gardens
- Honolulu Museum of Art
- Wang Chung’s Karaoke Bar
Table of content:
Is Honolulu good for dating?
Like any other city, the answer is yes and no. There are definitely some upsides to dating in Honolulu. People here are relaxed and easy-going, making finding a potential partner a lot less stressful than on the mainland. Honolulu singles can also count on a variety of things to see and do, from surfing on Waikiki to trekking the Koko Crater to exploring the local food scene. On the other hand, singles in Holonlulu aren’t quite living in Paradise, despite their surroundings. With high cost of living means that finding time for dating in Honolulu often takes a back seat to work. That said, there’s no reason to give up hope; being open and making the first move can make a huge difference when it comes to your chances of finding that special someone.
Where to meet singles in Honolulu
If you’re wondering ‘Where do singles meet in Honolulu?’ Some ideas to get you started:
Best free places to get to know other singles:
- Waikiki Beach: Even if you don’t surf, it’s fun to people watch.
- Ala Moana Center: A great place to meet other Honolulu singles.
- Manoa Falls Trail: Enjoy the great outdoors.
- Royal Hawai’ian Band: Listen to this island institution.
- Friday Fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles:
- Visit one of Hawaii’s most iconic tourist attractions, the Pearl Harbor Museum.
- Get your local art fix in at the Hawaii State Art Museum.
- Learn local history with the Waikiki Historic Trail.
- Pick up a traditional skill at the Royal Hawaiian Center.
- Swim with the dolphins at Oahu Swim Tours.
Best singles bars in Honolulu:
If you’re considering dating in Honolulu, you can’t go wrong with one of the bars on this list, whether you’re a beer aficionado or more of a tiki type.
- Barefoot Bar, Kale Hoa Hotel
- Leather Apron
- Suzie Wong’s Hideaway
- In Between Waikiki
- Beer Lab HI
Discover the Wonders of Online Dating in Hawaii: Say Aloha to Your Perfect Match
Dating online has steadily gained popularity over the years, with more and more people considering it a good option for dating in Honolulu. Among the reasons why more and more Honolulu singles are choosing to take their search for love online, online dating offers people a variety of advantages over its offline counterpart:
- You have access to a much larger dating pool than traditional dating offers
- You don’t have to be in the same place as someone else at the same time to connect with them
- All you need is your phone, tablet or computer and a little free time
- You can pick and choose precisely what kind of person you’re looking for
- You can take your time getting to know someone.
Why you should choose eharmony if you’re dating in Honolulu
For anyone considering dating in Honolulu, eharmony’s status as the No. 1 trusted dating app1 makes it the perfect choice. No matter your age, gender, or background, with eharmony you can find real, lasting love with people who have the same interests as you and want the same things from a relationship. At eharmony, helping people find love is our raison d’être, and we have over twenty years’ experience in doing so – in fact, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony.
Getting started with eharmony:
Using eharmony couldn’t be simpler. All you need is a device with an internet connection and a little bit of free time, and you’ll be well on your way to connecting with other singles in Honolulu.
- Create your account: The first thing you need to do is to create an eharmony account. You can either sign up directly on the site or app.
- Take the Compatibility Quiz: The Compatibility Quiz is a detailed questionnaire we use to get to know you better. Your answers help us find Honolulu singles who are truly compatible with you.
- Fill out your profile: Help other people get to know you by filling out your profile page. If you’re not sure what to write, we have questions and prompts to help you show off your personality.
- Let the algorithm do its work: eharmony uses the information you provided us to create a list of eligible singles who have complementary interests and personalities, using our unique matching algorithm.
- Get in touch: Now it’s time for the final, and most important step – actually talking to people! To get things started you can send them a message, or use eharmony’s Icebreaker feature.
First date ideas in Honolulu
Wondering where to go for a first date? Some ideas:
- Hit one of the many shave ice trucks and have fun trying all the different flavors.
- Learn about Polynesian culture and history at the Bishop Museum.
- Take a picnic and hike the Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail.
- Head to Wang Chung for fruity cocktails and karaoke.
- Take a ukelele or lei-making class together at the Royal Hawai’ian Center.
- Give your brains a workout with trivia night at Oyosami Bar and Grill
- Beat the tropical heat with ice skating at Salt Lake
- The sporty kind? Hiking Diamond Head together makes for a great first date.
- Or go for a classic dinner date at The Pig and The Lady
Make a Splash in Hawaii’s Dating Pool: Start Your Online Dating Journey Today
Sure, dating the traditional way works sometimes, and it can be a lot of fun. For anyone considering dating in Honolulu, though eharmony is a much better option. It lets you look for love in between enjoying the great surfing, the amazing food, and the vibrant mix of cultures. Plus, the pioneering Compatibility Matching System can help you find someone to share this piece of paradise with. Join thousands of happy couples who’ve found real love and sign up for eharmony today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.