Miami needs no introduction; this larger-than-life south Florida city has been immortalized on big and small screen for decades. Whether you love nature, art, history, or food, there’s something for you here, from the gorgeous beaches to the amazing nightlife to the plethora of restaurants and food trucks dotting the city. Plus, over half the population here is single, meaning anyone considering dating in Miami has plenty of options.
eharmony’s Miami dating check
of the Miami population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
medium cost of dating in Miami
top 3 Miami date spots
Dinner at Paperfish
Walk the beachwalk
Mini-golf at Puttshack
Table of content:
How is the dating scene in Miami?
People often ask: Is dating hard in Miami? Honestly, it depends. Dating in Miami definitely comes with its own unique set of challenges. For one thing, the city’s status as a vacation destination means that any singles in Miami are often only there temporarily, meaning making a connection is hard. Plus, the city’s work hard party harder reputation means that anyone looking for a more serious relationship isn’t going to have a very easy time of it.
All of that said, there is hope for singles in Miami – a recent WalletHub survey put Miami in the top third of its list of best cities to date in in America.1 And while it’s true that the city does have a reputation as a party destination, there is plenty of substance beneath the glitz and glamor. It’ll just take a little extra effort for anyone dating in Miami to dig it out.
Discover our top places to meet singles in Miami
Are you looking for suitable places to meet singles in Miami? We have divided our favorites into free places, special attractions and bars for you.
Best free places to get to know other singles:
- Discover the fascinating street art on display in Wynwood.
- Enjoy a free movie at the New World Center.
- Learn about Miami’s Cuban history at Freedom Tower.
- Move your body at one of the free yoga lessons around town.
- Enjoy the local cuisine at one of the many farmer’s markets.
Best attractions and museums to meet other Miami singles:
- Explore the stunning Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- Take a walk on the wild side at Jungle Island.
- Learn something new at the Miami Science Museum.
- See smart design at the Wolfsonian FIU Museum.
- Get close to nature at Zoo Miami.
Best singles bars in Miami:
Miami is famed for its nightlife, and for good reason. Some great options for singles in Miami:
- Dom’s, Brickell: a classic with karaoke on Thursdays.
- La Otra, Wynwood: for when you want to dance the night away.
- Better Days, Brickell: a Brickell institution with a popular happy hour.
- Dante’s HiFi: for the music aficionados among you.
- Bougainvillea’s Old Florida Tavern, South Miami: the home of many first dates.
Why you should start online dating in Miami
Looking for love online has become increasingly popular since its inception in the early 2000s. While traditional ways of finding a partner do have their charms, more and more people are considering using dating sites in Miami. Some reasons why:
- it offers you access to a much larger dating pool than traditional dating
- it makes it easier look for people who are interested in the same kind of relationship you are
- it takes far less time, which is especially important in a busy city like Miami
- it can be done from anywhere – your home, the grocery store, while waiting for an appointment
- it can be less intimidating than asking someone out face to face.
Why dating in Miami is easier with eharmony
eharmony’s status as the No. 1 trusted dating app2 means it’s a great choice for anyone considering dating sites in Miami. With eharmony, you can find real, lasting love with people who share your interests and desires regardless of how old you are, where you’re from, or what kind of person you are. We’ve been doing this for over twenty years, and in that time, we’ve gotten pretty good at it – in fact, someone finds love on eharmony every 14 minutes!
How to find that special someone in Miami with eharmony
Getting started with eharmony couldn’t be simpler.
- Create your eharmony account: You can register for free on the eharmony site or app
- Take the Compatibility Quiz: This is a detailed questionnaire we ask all users to complete. The information you give us helps us find eligible singles that might be a good fit for you.
- Complete your profile: Your eharmony profile is one of the easiest ways for other people on the dating site to get to know you, so it’s important to take your time.
- We find interesting singles for you: We use our unique Compatibility Matching System to find eligible singles we think will be compatible with you. So that you will be able to check out other profiles that matches your interests.
- Get in touch: Now for the final – and most exciting – step – actually getting to know your potential partners. You can send them a message, or use our Icebreaker feature if you’re a little shy.
First date ideas in Miami
Miami has plenty of great first date options, including:
- Take a leisurely stroll down the Beachwalk.
- Play a couple of rounds at Puttshack.
- Dance the night away at Ball and Chain.
- Enjoy delicious Cuban food at Café La Trova in Little Havana.
- Picnic in the beautiful environs of the Miami Botanical Gardens.
- Sing your heart out at karaoke night at Sweet Caroline.
- Beat the Florida heat with ice skating at Basement Miami.
- Immerse yourself in art at Superblue Miami.
- Or go for a jazz-filled evening at Lagniappe.
Dive into Miami’s Dating Scene and Find Your Perfect Match today
Miami may look like it’s all shine and no substance, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s true that there is plenty of shine, but there’s also great food, amazing history and culture, and a whole plethora of things to see and do no matter where your interests lie – which makes dating in Miami all the more fun. If you’re looking for someone to build a connection and a life with, there’s no better place for it than eharmony. So, sign up and get started on your path to real love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.