With its gorgeous all-year-long sunny weather, miles of pristine white beaches, and breathtaking views, it’s clear why San Diego is one of the most attractive cities. But when it comes to dating, San Diego isn’t just about looks; the city also has a fascinating historic downtown, tons of things to see and do, both Navy-related and otherwise, and an up-and-coming food scene that can hold its own, even in California.
Why singles in San Diego have challenges to find a partner
One reason that traditional dating is falling out of favor with singles is the pressure – everyone has to look a certain way or carry on a fun conversation. The pressure only intensifies when you have to go up to someone and ask them out.
San Diego is a military town, and proud of it. But relationships can be difficult if you don’t know how long your potential partner is going to be in town, which is why dating in San Diego does come with its own challenges. That said, over half the people in San Diego are single, so there’s plenty of choices when it comes to finding your potential partner.
How to meet people in San Diego
Sunny is a good way to describe both San Diego and its residents. Here are some of the best places to meet singles in San Diego:
- Head to La Jolla Cove for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving, and meeting new people at the beach who’ve come to enjoy the sun and sand.
- What goes great with a day on the beach? A cocktail! Learn how to make your own (and maybe find a new someone to drink it with) at a cocktail making class at the You & Yours Distilling Company.
- Take Rover and head to one of San Diego’s many dog parks and you might just end up connecting with a dog-loving other.
Why online dating in San Diego really shines with eharmony
San Diegans have a well-deserved reputation for being laid-back and chill, and the city is a great place to find love. But it can be hard for San Diego singles to find time to date, with all the city has to offer. And you can only be so realistic in hoping for a romance or when asking friends and family to set you up.
Which is where dating apps really shine. You can look for your future partner when and where you want, and as a bonus, you’re not restricted to singles in your area. Add to that the ability to pick and choose via interest and it’s obvious why more and more singles are turning to dating apps.
When you create an eharmony account, you’ll have to take a detailed Compatibility Quiz. eharmony will suggest potential matches for you based on the results of their Compatibility Quiz. The goal of the quiz is to understand you as well as what you’re looking for in a relationship. Using the information from the Quiz, eharmony then creates a Personality Profile for each user and uses 32 dimensions of compatibility to match you with people who share your values and lifestyle.
Fantastic San Diego first date ideas
With so many great dating locations in San Diego, how to pick? Here are our recommendations:
- If you and your date both like beer, see how it’s made at Ballast Point Brewery while sipping on a couple of cold ones.
- Spend the day at the San Diego Zoo. Yes, it’s pricey and a little touristy, but it’s also a great off-the-wall first date.
- Bring the 80s back for a night and go roller-skating at Skateworld. Bonus: you have the perfect excuse to hold hands!
- If you’re more the nature-loving type, a picnic in Balboa Park is the perfect SD first date.
San Diego singles, start the search for your significant other
With all that San Diego has to offer – great beaches and activities for all levels of beach bums, history and culture galore, fantastic food, breathtaking views – finding someone to share this beautiful city with shouldn’t be hard. But just in case you’d rather not leave dating in San Diego to chance, eharmony is the perfect first step to finding your happily ever after.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.