With the culture booming in San Diego thanks to its world-renowned quality of life, there have never been more single people flocking to this Southern Californian city. This has made dating in San Diego a very exciting but sometimes lengthy process. eharmony can help you date in San Diego and help find someone who gets you in the city. By using our advanced matching practices combined with our pool of relationship-minded members, now’s the time to start your dating journey.
eharmony’s San Diego dating check
best city for singles
according to Wallethub study
of the San Diego population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
high cost of dating San Diego
top 3 San Diego date spots
Pelly’s Mini Golf
Frost Me Café & Bakery
Butterfly Farm (in summer)
Table of contents
Why dating in San diego can be hard
A lot of people would consider San Diego a great city for singles, for the simple reason that it’s sunny and most of the residents live a fun life outdoors. However, the truth is that people can find dating difficult sometimes. Surprisingly, the reasons why are pretty simple:
- There are a lot of options – The fact that there are always new singles moving to San Diego is transforming the city to one large dating pool, which can be fun, but also overwhelming.
- People are very busy – A simple first date can be hard to plan, since everybody is busy with their jobs, friends and interests.
- People can have high expectations – Since people have a wide range of potential partners, they can have long lists for their dates.
Now let’s take a look at how singles meet up and how to start dating in San Diego.
Meeting San Diego singles: IRL vs. online
With its famous beachfront, natural splendor, and buzzing social scene, it’s almost difficult to not meet new people in the city. Many nightlife and culture lovers congregate around the city’s famous Gaslamp Quarter, for its bars, restaurants, and galleries. Balboa Park’s many recreational activities offer a lot of social opportunities for those dating in San Diego. Depending on your interests, you could try a fitness group such as the San Diego November Project.
However, as many San Diego singles will know, sometimes finding dating prospects among these new social connections can be challenging. Many people may be single but not currently interested in dating in San Diego. The city’s singles are also known to be very active, even on first dates, which can be a bit outside the comfort zone of singles who might prefer a good book. Some people can be more shy and not want to put themselves out there.
Many utilize dating apps to go on dates in San Diego. It makes it easier to approach people, as they already have the intention of meeting someone. It also lets you meet singles from anywhere at any time, whether you’re taking a break at work or commuting home. People dating in San Diego can even set their distinct preferences in a partner, such as age or location, to find the type of person they want.
Why is eharmony a boundary breaker in online dating in san diego
Cities like San Diego are awash with different online dating options. All these options can make picking the right San Diego dating app for your relationship needs all the more challenging. We can’t predict your dating goals, but we can tell you without reservation that eharmony is one of the best dating apps for singles that are tired of serial dating and want to finally meet compatible San Diego singles that share their characteristics, interests and relationship goals.
Using the scientifically backed Compatibility Matching System along with an established team of trained relationship experts, eharmony has managed to achieve results for their members.
- Over 2 decades of experience in the online dating sphere has helped eharmony find love for over 2 million of our members.
- And that number keeps growing every day, with no sign of slowing down. Every 14 minutes, someone finds love on eharmony.
- The membership pool contains a diverse collection of respectful, open-minded, sincere people dating in San Diego genuinely looking for real lasting love.
Let’s look at some of our more detailed features.
Quickly Sort through matches based on your wants and needs
When you’re on the Member List, eharmony offers a range of sorting and filtering features to help you comb through matches more efficiently and find people you see a future with. Filter based on age and height or go deeper with filters for existing children, smoking, education and politics.
Let people know the real you with your profile
The open text fields of profiles can be overlooked on dating apps, but they can play a very important role in finding someone who you really like. Your eharmony profile lets you share your passions and what connects you with the people that visit your profile.
Dating in San Diego with eharmony
As the No. 1 trusted dating app1 eharmony is here to encourage a respectful and open-minded place for everyone on our platform. By having a dedicated Trust & Safety team, eharmony has your back when finding real love.
Your local dating guide for San Diego
Looking for that perfect first message after you find a profile you like? Try asking a specific question while finding out more about them. See the following example:
Okay, pop-quiz: What are three things you absolutely can’t live without. And don’t just say your phone lol!THIS CAN PUT THEM ON THE SPOT, BUT PEOPLE GENERALLY ENJOY REVEALING ASPECTS OF THEMSELVES.
- Looking for a first date option in San Diego that stands out? Maybe try out some of the tomahawk ax-throwing venues that have been recently opening up around San Diego, such as AxeVentures.
- If you want something more laid back that you can play by ear, Mission Beach offers everything from vibrant nightlife to a quiet stroll with a cone down the famous boardwalk.
- If you haven’t been for a while, Belmont Park is always a pleasant slice of nostalgia that never gets old. Just remember not to ride the rollercoaster too many times.
Find that special somebody in the Beach City
Whether it’s surfing the beaches of La Jolla with a group or just sipping on a nice cup of coffee in the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego has so many exciting avenues for all singles to explore and meet new people. If you like to enjoy this great city, we know that there’s someone out there for you to enjoy it with. You just need to find them. eharmony can help so you can spend your time living and interacting instead of just swiping. See what eharmony can do for your dating life today. Sign-up for free.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.