The state capital of California probably isn’t the first city that comes to mind when you think of California, right? But for singles, Sacramento should be. The city is an educational hub (CSU Sacramento and UC Davis), a cultural hub (too many museums to name) and, of course, has some of the best food (it’s not called America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital for nothing). Plus, 57% of the people in Sacramento are singles, making this city a great place to date.
Finding someone to date in Sacramento
Yes, it’s true that some people don’t really think much of the possibilities in Sacramento for singles. But – as the saying goes – you get out what you put in, which when it comes to dating in Sacramento is definitely true. Sacramento may have a large single population, but add in people’s busy lives around this capital city and it makes sense that finding a partner will take time and effort. But don’t be discouraged – good things come to those who wait.
Three ways to meet singles in Sacramento
Luckily, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to meeting singles in Sacramento. Here are some of the best places to meet singles in Sacramento:
- The Second Saturday Art Walk is – as you guessed – an open-to-all art walk that happens every second Saturday. It’s a great way to get to explore the town and make new friends.
- Prefer something a little more active? XOXO Sports has ten different kinds of sports on offer for people of any athletic ability. Getting in some exercise AND some socializing – it’s a win-win!
- With all the amazing colleges and universities around, taking a class is a great way for Sacramento singles to find a study buddy.
Take dating in Sacramento to a next level and go online
It’s true, traditional dating has its perks – instant chemistry and the ability meet people in a variety of different settings. But dating apps are becoming more and more popular with singles in Sacramento and elsewhere. One reason is that online dating allows you to really take your time getting to know someone. Another is that it makes the process of getting to know your potential partner that much easier.
That’s especially true with eharmony. The app has a number of features that help you get the ball rolling (send a Smile, make the first move with an Icebreaker) and, if you choose, deepen the connection (via text chat, or video dates). Your matches are based on a Compatibility Quiz that focuses on finding someone who fits your lifestyle and shares similar values. eharmony is here for real love.
It’s never too late for love with eharmony
Take the case of Nancy and Mark. He’d been a single father for twenty years; she’d become a widow the year before. Nancy signed up for eharmony with the hope of at least meeting someone. But, eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System worked its magic and sent her Mark, an acoustic guitar technician, which was music to Nancy’s ears. Further conversations via eharmony’s various conversation tools only strengthened the connection.
Or Rocio and Rodney, whose relationship almost didn’t happen after Rodney was late to their first date. In his defense, he was trying to find parking, so I think we’ll let it slide. Luckily, Rocio was still waiting for him – and a good thing too, because it turned out she and Rodney were meant to be.
Three ideas for your first date in Sacramento
- Head to Shine Sacramento for a perfect first date – this more-than-a-coffee shop serves beer and wine, plays Bob Ross videos in-store, and has live music on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Sunday Farmer’s Market is a great way to get to know each other while supporting local businesses… and eating delicious food, of course!
- For something a bit more off the beaten path, head to the Coin-Op Game Room for vintage arcade games. You might hit the jackpot and not just with your date!
Singles find Sacramento second to none when it comes to dating
Don’t pay any attention to what other people say about Sacramento dating – with its large single population and with an excess of things to do like visit an art or history museum, explore Sutter’s Fort State Historical Park, or enjoy the city’s up-and-coming food scene. Sacramento singles rarely have any complaints… except their lack of having someone to enjoy the city with. Fortunately, that’s easily solved, by signing up for eharmony and beginning your search for the perfect partner.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.