Sacramento dating: How to meet that special someone in California’s capital city
Other cities in California may get more hype, but you shouldn’t sleep on Sacramento. California’s capital city has plenty to offer, from a great job market, a variety of things to see and do, and affordable housing. Not to mention, it’s got great universities, great food (it’s not called America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital for nothing) and great weather, all things that making dating in Sacramento a great idea. Plus, over half the people in Sacramento are singles.1
Table of content:
Is Sacramento good for dating?
Singles in Sacramento have many things to be grateful for, like how diverse the city is and how much there is to see and do – between the universities and the fact that it’s the state capital, you can find something no matter where your interests may lie. That said, dating in Sacramento (or anywhere else, for that matter) very much depends on how much you’re willing to put into it. Remember that dating (online or in the real world) is very much a numbers game – you miss all the shots you don’t take, after all. Luckily, a city like Sacramento offers singles plenty of shots to take!
Our top spots to singles in Sacramento
If you’re wondering ‘Where do singles meet in Sacramento?’, wonder no more.
Best free places to get to know other singles:
Some ways to meet new people in Sacramento without breaking the bank:
- Beat the heat at Raging Waters Sacramento.
- Explore the California State Capitol and the adjoining park.
- Enjoy some art with the 2nd Saturday Art Walk.
- Watch the salmon at the Nimbus Fish Hatchery.
- Explore the American River Bike Trail.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles:
Looking for fun ways to meet people? Look no further:
- Travel back in time with a visit to Old Sacramento State Park.
- Treat yourself to a dose of culture at Crocker Art Museum.
- Learn local history with the Sacramento History Museum.
- Take a class or learn a new skill at CSU Sacramento or UC Davis.
- Indulge your inner child at Fairytale Town.
Best singles bars in Sacramento:
Some bars to consider for any Sacramento singles looking for more than just drinks or dancing:
- Kupros Kraft House, Midtown
- Shady Lady Saloon, Downtown
- Badlands, Midtown
- Fieldwork Brewing Sacramento, Downtown
- Public House, Downtown
Facts about online dating in Sacramento you need to know
It’s true that there are plenty of places to meet other singles in Sacramento, but don’t rule out the Internet completely. Online dating (in Sacramento and elsewhere) is becoming more and more popular, not least because it offers several benefits over its traditional counterpart:
- Online dating lets you look for love at your own pace
- When you start online dating in Sacramento, you don’t have to be at the same place at the same time as the other person
- Meeting people online can be a lot less stressful than doing so in person
- Online dating lets you pick and choose precisely what kind of person you’re looking for
- Online dating lets you find people who want the same kind of relationship you do.
Why eharmony is a great choice for anyone dating in Sacramento
Since 2000, eharmony has been helping singles in Sacramento and all over the country find real love. We use our unique Compatibility Matching System to select potential partners that share your values and interests and that you can build a strong connection with right off the bat. And it works – not only is eharmony the No. 1 trusted dating app2, someone finds love with us every 14 minutes. No matter how old you are, where you’re from, or what kind of person you are, eharmony helps you find lasting relationships with people who share the same values as you.
Getting started to meet Sacramento singles with eharmony:
Dating in Sacramento with eharmony starts with a few easy steps.
- First, you set up an eharmony account in a few clicks
- Second, you need to take the Compatibility Quiz. This detailed questionnaire will let us get to know you better so we can find eligible singles for you.
- Third, it’s time to fill out your profile page. It’s a great opportunity to show potential partners who you are, so take your time and don’t skimp on the details.
- Fourth, sit back and wait. eharmony uses a special algorithm to look through our pool of eligible singles to find potential partners with similar interests and likes.
- Fifth and most importantly, get in touch! Once you have the list of potential partners (sorted in order, all that remains is actually making the leap. You could send a message or use the Icebreaker feature if you’re shy. Once you’ve made a connection, you can go on a first date and talk face to face.
First date ideas in Sacramento you should know
Wondering where you should go for a first date in Sacramento? Some ideas:
- Indulge your foodie side with a local food tour.
- Get active together at XOXO Sports.
- Pack a picnic and head to William Land Park.
- Watch the Sacramento State Hornets play.
- Have a paint and sip date at The Painted Cork.
- Go old school with a date at the West Wind Drive In.
- Dive in to local history with the scavenger hunt at Sutter’s Fort.
- Flip things around with a pancake breakfast date at Carol’s Restaurant.
- Or start things on a sweet note at Devil May Care Creamery.
Find love in the City of Trees with eharmony
Sacramento is a gorgeous, vibrant city with plenty to offer, no matter who you are or where your interests might lie. Dating in Sacramento the traditional way can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re a foodie, but that doesn’t mean you should restrict yourself to looking in person. With eharmony, you’ll have access to a large dating pool of eligible singles who’re looking for the same things you are – so sign up and get started looking for real love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.