Everything is bigger in Texas… including the cities. Especially Houston. At nearly 600 square miles, this sprawling metropolis has everything you could ask for, from a great restaurant scene to amazing history to all the open space you could ask for. The only downside for someone considering dating in Houston? Those big distances mean a lot of driving. Luckily for Houston singles, there’s a better way!
eharmony’s HOUSTON dating check
of the Houston population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
medium cost of dating in Houston
top 3 Houston date spots
Bowling at Pinstripes
Drive In Movie at Moonstruck
Wine at City Cellars
Table of content
Why dating in Houston can be hard
Dating in Houston can be very rewarding, if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. However, Houston singles have an uphill battle for many reasons.
- It’s a big city. When the option is driving an hour to get someplace or staying home, it’s easy for staying at home to win.
- It’s a transient city. While Houston has been around since the 19th century, these days more and more people come to the city for work. Dating in Houston can be challenging with people moving in and out, or not staying very long.
- It’s got a lot of unspoken etiquette. While Houston may be modern in some ways (it is, after all, the home of the Kennedy Space Center and a growing tech hub), dating in Houston often means sticking to some old-fashioned rules, which can trip up people who aren’t used to it.
How online dating makes it easier for Houston singles to find love
Don’t relish the prospect of driving an hour for just the prospect of a date? That’s where online dating – and eharmony – can help. Some reasons why you should choose eharmony out of all the dating sites in Houston if you’re considering dating in Texas:
- A large pool of eligible singles: With millions of eharmony members, you’ll have a wide range of potential partners to choose from no matter what you’re looking for
- People who are looking for something real: People who use eharmony are seeking meaningful relationships based on something deeper than just looks, likes, and location. What they have in common is a desire to find real love, just like you.
- The ability to look for love when and where you want: Get to know potential dates in the comfort of your own home, while waiting at the doctor’s office, or any other time you have a few minutes to spare. No driving required!
- We do the work for you: No endless swiping with eharmony. When you sign up, you’ll be asked to complete a detailed questionnaire about yourself, your likes and dislikes, and what you’re looking for in a relationship. We get to know you better to match you better, helping you find eligible Houston singles that you’re truly compatible with.
- Comprehensive filters leave the choice in your hands: eharmony believes in the importance of compatibility. Which is why we have an extensive set of filters, allowing you to narrow down your pool of potential dates by distance, age, interest, and a whole lot more.
- A proven track record: At eharmony, real love is at the center of everything we do. We have been at the forefront of creating meaningful relationships based on true compatibility and connection for more than 20 years. Our approach has helped over 2 million people find real love; in fact, someone finds love on eharmony every 14 minutes.
Tips for dating in Houston
While eharmony works great to find other Singles from Houston, at some point you will wind up going on an actual date. Our recommendations for great first dates in Houston:
- Old-school meets upscale at Pinstripes, a bowling alley and restaurant that would be perfect for anyone with a mild competitive streak.
- Get your art on at Pinspiration, an arts and crafts studio where you and your date can create masterpiece together.
- Spend an afternoon at the Kemah Boardwalk – between the roller coaster, the Ferris wheel, and the amazing seafood, it’ll definitely be a first date to remember.
Meet someone special from Houston with eharmony
There are so many things to love about dating in Houston, from the incredible food to the thriving arts and crafts scene to the football fandom. Even better, did you know that over 50% of people in Houston are single?1 However, given that they’re scattered over hundreds of square miles, dating in Houston has its challenges. Which is where eharmony comes in – make distance irrelevant and take the first steps on your journey to a deep and lasting love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.