Austin is a perfect little city that so many people love to call home. Known for its incredible music scene, delectable restaurants and food trucks, great universities, booming tech hubs and great job opportunities, it allures people from across the globe.
The city is diverse, progressive, experimental, conscious, and awesomely cool. If you are unattached, you’ll be happy to know that about 56.5% of the population are singles. In fact, WalletHub ranked Austin 6th in a survey ranking the best places for singles.
So, if you’re looking for something real in your next relationship, dating in Austin may just be the place for you.
Beware of the obstacles when searching for singles in Austin
Dating in Austin is unlike dating in any other city. You may even call it weird, but these little stoppers won’t dampen your spirits for long.
- One downside is the city’s traffic that can hamper your dating plans. Mix sitting in traffic with a lack of walkability and expensive taxis and the result is a dating logistics nightmare.
- For Austinites convenience is king! Keep this in mind while asking Austin singles on a date. To make things easy, find a spot that is convenient for both of you. With the recent downtown expansion, walking safely to restaurants or bars is easy.
- Furthemore, Austinites are passionate about music. Be prepared to support their music band for you date their hobbies too.
Dating in Austin can be exhilarating: How to meet and date local singles
If you are thinking where to meet single men or women in Austin this list is sure to come handy.
- Whisler’s bar is where the people flock especially on weekends and is a great place to meet people. The cocktail program is unique and fun and if you secure a first date you get to archive it with a picture from the black and white photo booth.
- If you are culturally curious, scan the exhibits and scout for friendly singles at Blanton Museum of Art at The University of Texas. It is a great place to lock eyes and swap art ideas.
- Greenbelt Hike – This is a fun option. Along the trails you will find the perfect spot to swim, hike, jog, lounge in the sun and maybe even a potential partner. All you need to bring is hiking essentials and your charm.
Conventional relationships vs. online dating in Austin
There’s so much to the Austin dating scene. But many people still feel that finding a relationship in Austin the traditional way can be difficult. Traditional dating means limited choices, constant need for mingling in your social circles which also implies you need to dedicate a lot of time.
However, if you try the digital route, time is on your side. By using dating apps like eharmony, you can date conveniently and efficiently from the comfort of your home. You won’t have to waste your time constantly swiping meaningless profiles of people you have nothing in common with. Instead, you’ll get paired with people who you are truly compatible with and enjoy the same interests.
These days dating can be synonymous with casual flings and dates who said they’d call or text and then never do. So, if you don’t enjoy the aspects of traditional dating in Austin, then you should try using eharmony.
eharmony means compatibility
From detailed profiles to compatibility ratings, eharmony caters to people who are looking for something real.
You take a compatibility quiz that helps to understand your personality. eharmony uses your answers and recommends a congenial partner. Your pair is brought to your inbox saving you a lot of time.
What makes the dating experience so unique is how matching is done. Through the Compatibility Matching System, singles are presented through a Match List that takes your compatibility (interests, location, etc.) about 29 different dimensions into account.
The advantage: eharmony shows exactly how your compatibility is gauged – e.g. 85% compatible in intellect, 30% in spirituality, allowing you to decide on the next step. Success stories like that of Christie and Roberto vouch for the fact that eharmony is different from the rest.
Fantastic first date spots in Austin, promise of a second!
You’ve decided to meet the person you hit it off on eharmony. Congrats! You now have a date. Here are some awesome first date ideas in Austin:
- Sip your way through breweries. A number one go-to spot for first dates taprooms can be less stressful. Bring your date to the tasting rooms of Texas Keeper Cider or Austin Eastciders.
- A first date on a Sunday? Wu Chow’s is the place to be. Share dumplings with your crush and if you are good with the sticks try feeding your date.
- Nothing is more enchanting than spending an evening by the Lady bird lake in a giant white swan pedal boat holding hands.
Austin singles: Where real connections are made
From a dating perspective or a sightseeing one, the alluring Austin streets of Hyde park or the scenic Barton springs are worth the experience. They say love hides behind every corner; you just need to find out where yours is hiding! Sign up today and find your next potential partner in just one click.