One of the most popular vacation destinations in the US, Myrtle Beach, is so much more than just a tourist hotspot. Aside from the beautiful sandy beaches and gorgeous weather, Myrtle Beach singles can look forward to great nightlife, an increasingly diverse food scene, sports on land as well as water, several beautiful parks, and much more. And with eharmony, Myrtle Beach dating is easier and more fun than ever before.
Table of content:
Sun, Sand, and Romance: A Look at What Dating in Myrtle Beach is Really Like
Myrtle Beach is one of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the country, meaning the dating pool here is growing larger every day – in fact, over one hundred thousand people have moved to the area in the past eight years, many of them single.1
Plus, the city’s status as a vacation hub means that Myrtle Beach singles can always find someone new and interesting with relative ease. In fact, Myrtle Beach is one of the best vacation spots in the US.2 All of this means that Myrtle Beach singles looking to find a partner are in luck – especially given all the places anyone interested in Myrtle Beach dating can meet other singles.
Where to meet other Myrtle Beach singles
Best free places to meet singles in Myrtle Beach:
- Watch the fireworks over the water almost every Tuesday and Friday.
- Stroll down the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Learn some local history at the South Carolina Hall of Fame.
- Enjoy the excellent local beer with a brewery tour.
- Window shop and people watch at The Market Common.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles in Myrtle Beach:
- View local art at the Franklin G. Burroughs-Simon B. Chapin Art Museum.
- Support your local team at a Myrtle Beach Pelicans ball game.
- Marvel at the wonders of life under water at Ripley’s Aquarium.
- Send your adrenaline soaring at Pavilion Park.
- Get up close and personal with nature at T.I.G.E.R.S Preservation Station.
Best singles bars in Myrtle Beach
While the city has a well-deserved reputation for being family friendly, Myrtle Beach singles have some great bars to choose from:
- Soho: rooftop bar and sushi restaurant that appeals to a wide clientele.
- Liberty Brewery and Grill: great for sports fans.
- Bubba’s Love Shak: where the 20-somethings all gather after 10 pm.
- Riptydz: ocean views, live music, and an outdoor area for games like cornhole.
- Fat Harold’s Beach Club: a Myrtle Beach mainstay for generations.
Love in Cyberspace: Tips and Tricks for Successful Online Dating in Myrtle Beach
While many Myrtle Beach singles look for their partners the old-fashioned way, more and more are turning to the internet to find love. Online dating has come a long way since its inception in the early 2000s – something like 20% of all current relationships began online3. Which isn’t surprising, really, considering the many advantages looking online has over its traditional counterpart, whether you’re dating in Myrtle Beach or elsewhere:
- Online dating means location matters less, important in a tourist town like Myrtle Beach.
- Online dating is less time-consuming, leaving you time for the rest of your life.
- Online dating lets you find people looking for the same kind of relationship you are.
- Online dating can be done from anywhere… say, one of the gorgeous beaches in town.
- Online dating lets you filter potential dates depending on your interests.
Dating in Myrtle Beach is easier with eharmony
There are plenty of Myrtle Beach dating sites, but if you’re looking for real love, eharmony is the one you want. We have members of all ages, backgrounds and interests, all of whom are looking for a serious relationship, something our unique compatibility matching system helps us find the ones that are right for you. You can filter by distance, search by interest, and more, all in a safe, secure environment. Since 2000, we’ve been finding couples all over the world find each other – in fact, someone falls in love every 14 minutes on eharmony!
How to start your dating journey with eharmony
One of the best things about online dating is how easy it is to get started, and eharmony is no different. All it takes are five simple steps:
- First, create an account: Before anything else, you need an eharmony account.
- Second, complete the Compatibility Quiz: This is a detailed quiz that lets us know what kind of person you are so we can find someone who is a good match for you.
- Third, write your profile: First impressions are important, and your eharmony profile is where a lot of your fellow singles will make theirs. Make sure to make it nice and detailed.
- Fourth, sit back and relax: Our unique Compatibility Matching System uses a custom algorithm to look through our extensive pool of eligible singles for the best prospective dates for you.
- Fifth and most important, make the first move: You’ve got a list of potential dates; now the fun starts. Someone piqued your interest? Send them a message or start things off in a more low-key way with an Icebreaker.
Get Your Hearts Racing: Exciting First Date Activities in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach singles certainly have no dearth of first date choices. Some ideas:
- Head to Brookgreen Gardens with a picnic lunch.
- Ride the SkyWheel Myrtle Beach.
- Have a retro date night at Myrtle Beach Bowl.
- Put your thinking caps on at Backstage Escape Games.
- Play vintage pinball at the Myrtle Beach Pinball Museum.
- Play mini golf at Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf.
- Try movie night with a twist with a 5D movie at Ripley’s Moving Theater.
- See a show together at the Carolina Opry.
- Or share a sweet treat at Madmyrtle’s Ice Creamery.
Connect in Coastal Paradise and meet Myrtle Beach singles today
Whether you are a beach lover or an opera fan, prefer people watching or hanging out with wild animals, there’s something in Myrtle Beach for singles like you. Adding to the city’s charms is how fun Myrtle Beach dating can be, especially with eharmony there to help you find real love. So sign up and take the first step towards a long-lasting relationship today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.