One of South Carolina’s most vibrant cities, Columbia is a rapidly growing metropolis that still manages to retain its small-town Southern charm. The home of the University of South Carolina’s main campus, Columbia also has a rich military history, given its strategic location and the presence of Fort Jackson. With fantastic food, a thriving arts and culture scene, and great nightlife there’s no lack of things to do for anyone considering dating in Columbia. With over 137,000 people in the city itself, finding someone to explore Columbia with is easier than you might think.
Table of content:
What is dating like in Columbia?
There’s more and more to do every day in South Carolina, and if you’re looking for some company in Columbia, a dating site like eharmony can help. Plus remember that dating (in Columbia or elsewhere) is a numbers game; you just need to find ONE person who makes your heart sing – and that’s possible no matter where you are.
Where to meet singles in Columbia
If you’re asking yourself, ‘How do I meet singles in Columbia, SC,’ we have some options for you:
Best free places to get to know other Columbia singles:
- Explore Congaree National Park with other nature-loving singles.
- Attend a book club or other event at the Richland library.
- Go for a run by the water at Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park.
- Head to the Soda City Farmer’s Market for food and to meet new people.
- Go to the free movies and concerts the City hosts in local parks every summer.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles:
- Brush up on local history at the McKissick Museum.
- Indulge your wild side at the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden.
- Take in a little culture at the Columbia Museum of Art.
- Visit the African American Monument at the capitol.
- Take a course at the University of South Carolina.
Best singles bars in Baltimore:
- The Blue Martini, The Vista: Classy, upscale cocktail spot.
- Mac’s on Main, Downtown: Downhome cooking with live music.
- Hunter-Gatherer Brewery: Great for conversations over microbeers.
- Gervais & Vine: For wine and tapas aficionados.
- Liberty Taproom & Grill: If you love beer, this is the place for you.
Online dating in Columbia
While living in Soda City has many advantages, finding a partner the old-fashioned way is still harder than it might be in a larger metropolitan – which is why more and more people are choosing to use the internet when it comes to dating in Columbia. Looking for love online gives you way more options, plus there are other benefits, too:
- You don’t have to be at a bar or club to find a date – in fact, you can look for love in your pajamas!
- Search filters mean you can narrow down your options to just what you’re looking for
- Rather than having to free up hours together, you can look for love in smaller, more convenient snatches of time
- You can take your time getting to know people.
Why eharmony is a great choice for dating in Columbia
You might be wondering, ‘What is the best dating app in Columbia, South Carolina?’ If you’re looking for deep, authentic relationships, there’s really no better choice than eharmony. Since 2000, we’ve been helping people of all ages, demographics, and backgrounds find real love. In fact, someone finds love on eharmony every 14 minutes. How? We believe that compatibility is the cornerstone of any successful relationship. Our unique Compatibility Matching System that helps pair you with someone who gets you, meaning the odds of a successful relationship are higher right from the start.
Using eharmony to find that special someone:
Getting started with eharmony is a breeze – all you need to start dating in Columbia is your phone or computer, and a little spare time.
- Create your account: The first thing you need to do is sign up. You can do that on our dating site or the app, by creating an eharmony account.
- Take the quiz: eharmony uses our Compatibility Quiz to find potential partners for you. It’s a detailed survey of your personality, interests, and values that helps us get to know you better, so take your time!
- Create your profile: Your profile page is almost the first thing a potential partner will see, so take the time to fill it in – we’ve made it easy on you with questions and prompts that reveal more about you.
- Discover: Like a sort of digital matchmaker, eharmony’s algorithm looks through our pool of eligible singles to find ones who are compatible with you.
- Connect: Now that you’ve gotten that list of compatible members, time for the next step – making contact! Use our messaging system to say hi, or send an Icebreaker if you’re shy.
First date ideas in Columbia
You’ve connected, you’ve chatted… time to take things to the next level with an actual in-person date. Some suggestions:
- A puppet show at the Columbia Marionette theater is a new spin on a classic date.
- Indulge your inner gourmet with a tour from Columbia Food Tours.
- Go retro with a skating date at Three Fountains.
- Take advantage of the good weather with a picnic at Cayce Riverwalk Park.
- Put your thinking cap on with a date at Escape Plan Columbia.
- Hit the (miniature) links with a round of golf at Frankie’s Fun Park.
- If you’re a sports fan, there’s no better first date than a game of football at Williams-Brice Stadium.
- Wander around the art exhibitions at City Art Columbia.
- Head to Cola’s Restaurant for a fancy dinner first date.
- Or make it a break-first date at Crepes & Croissants.
Take the first step on your dating journey in Columbia today
Columbia may be small, but it’s got a big heart – and big potential when it comes to finding love. While you look, you can enjoy the beautiful architecture, amazing restaurant scene, the rich history, and the plethora of things to see and do. When it comes to dating in Columbia, eharmony is your key to finding a love that lasts – so join millions of others on the path to real love today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.