Let’s face it; just about anything sounds sweeter when said in a Southern drawl. But that’s not the only thing Charleston natives have going for them; the largest city in South Carolina is known for its great food, vibrant arts and culture scene, and its beautiful architecture. Add in the fact that 57% of the population is made up of singles in Charleston, and you couldn’t ask for a better place to fall in love.
Why some Charleston singles Say ‘Bless your heart’ to traditional dating
Unfortunately, it’s not all roses (or even palmetto flowers) for singles here. Although the city is filled with awesome places to take a date (oyster roasts, the hot new bar, dancing…) the Charleston dating scene is great, but has its challenges. Most singles in the Holy City aren’t looking to settle down.
This is a college town, and the people have an unmatchable drive. But that drive comes with a downside – all the time spent focusing on school and career means there’s less time left for dating, so being strategic about how you date is very important.
How dating in Charleston works the traditional way
That said, it’s still possible to get in touch with new people in this city, it just takes a little extra effort. Here are some of the best places to meet singles in Charleston:
- Charleston is known for its restaurants and bars. Take a walk down King Street and explore all the city has to offer!
- Join a group, the city is filled with young and fun singles always looking for people to experience everything Charleston has to offer.
- Exercise your brain and your friend-making muscles with trivia night at a local bar. Even if you don’t know any of the answers, you can always sit back and relax with a cold one!
It’s time to put yourself first so if you want to do something, now is the time to do it.
Why you should give online dating in Charleston a try
Online dating lets you both broaden your dating pool and helps you meet people you might never cross paths with normally. While other dating apps make looking for someone seem as quick and easy as swiping left and right, it’s not if you want to find the right person.
If you’re one of those Charleston singles who wants to find something real and not just a one-night stand, it might be time to swap swiping for love with eharmony. You can get to know potential dates at your pace through simple communication like smiles, icebreakers or messaging – all intended to help you deepen your connection with your potential partner. Send a Smile to get a conversation going or use an Icebreaker with its pre-prepared questions for a fun way to learn about each others’ interests and preferences.
Plus, eharmony’s Compatibility Quiz helps to ensure you’ll be matched with people you’re most compatible with right off the bat.
Never too late for love with eharmony
George and Llyn met on eharmony and when you know, you know. After only messaging with each other three times before taking their communication offline, they knew they had something special.
As for Gary and Sue… talk about ships passing in the night! Sue rented the very same beach condo that Gary had just moved out of right before. Luckily, for them eharmony was on their side (and we’ll admit it, a little bit of fate) and introduced them. From there – they’ve never looked back.
4 first date ideas in Charleston
Well, you got a date, hard part over – now you just have to figure out where to take them. Don’t worry, there are plenty of spots in Charleston that are perfect for a first date. Here are some ideas:
- Try your hands at candle making at Candlefish. Even better: it’s BYOB!
- You’d rather go a little more conventional with dinner? Take a cooking class at Zero George or do a wine and cheese tasting at Joséphine.
- For a unique date night try a different type of ax-perience (see what we did there?) and go to Chucktown Ax Throwing or Blade and Bull. But only if you REALLY trust your date and their aim.
- Rather sit back and relax? Take in a show at the Dock Street Theatre or eat while you watch at Cinebarre.
Southern charm makes dating easy for Charleston singles
It’s easy to think there’ll be time for dating later, especially if you’re one of those driven Charleston singles. But everyone knows that some things – walking around Middleton Place, exploring historical sites, shopping at the Charleston Market Place – are much more fun with a partner. And with eharmony, finding the perfect person to spend your life with is easier than ever.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.