When it comes to entertainment, culture and old-fashioned friendliness, The City of Champions certainly lives up to its name. The famously scenic city exists as a beautiful paradox of classically charming Pennsylvanian grit and the bustling energy and possibility of a major cultural center.
When it comes to their dating lives, Pittsburgh singles can sometimes be poetically afflicted with the same sense of dizzying variety and lack of centrality that make the city so distinct. Not that this has stopped the Pittsburgh dating scene from being a truly vibrant and diverse experience.
eharmony’s Pittsburgh dating check
best city for singles
according to Wallethub study
of the Pittsburgh population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
high cost of dating in Pittsburgh
top 3 Pittsburgh date spots
The Frick Pittsburgh
Murals at Color Park
Minigolf at The Puttery
Table of content:
A look under the hood of the Pittsburgh dating scene
The dating scene in the city is somewhat divided. With the presence of Pitt and Carnegie Mellon University, many Pittsburgh singles under 25 date are only dating the local under-graduate population. This can make dating sometimes feel transitory for younger people, as students tend to come and go, particularly in the summer.
For Millennials and above who are looking for something long-term, dating in Pittsburgh often revolves around the city’s fevered sporting heritage and attending sporting events in-person or at bars to meet people.
Some local singles complain that they feel like there aren’t enough options around them. However, this is a common misapprehension as the US Census Bureau estimates there are over 180,000 singles living in the city1 so one could hardly accuse the Pittsburgh dating scene of being dried up.
Where you can meet people in the city
With so many Pittsburgh singles, why do some still feel isolated from the dating scene? Well, the City of Bridges can be somewhat scattered and difficult to get around so social scenes are often equally spaced from each other.
Here are some locations around the city to encounter new people:
- The activities and nightlife in Lawrenceville attract an eclectic variety of singles from all over Pittsburgh.
- Lock and Key Events are a nice shortcut as they emphasize mingling with as many people as possible as you search out who holds the key to your specific lock.
- Many approach Pittsburgh dating online. Online dating lets you quickly get an idea of your dating pool, encounter singles you wouldn’t otherwise meet and provides a convenient platform to interact with them.
How eharmony can help you find just the right person
For over 20 years, eharmony has been one of the many choices for Pittsburgh singles looking for a meaningful connection. eharmony has helped over 2 million people find love by approaching online dating scientifically and focusing matching efforts on singles seeking out authentic, long-term relationships.
eharmony uses a sophisticated matching algorithm – developed by our relationship experts and consistently developed over 2 decades – that intelligently connects you with other suitable singles using a Compatibility Matching System.
So, when you find someone on your Match List, you can be assured to a certain degree of your chances of building a successful and lasting relationship. Our matching system and platform are so effective that we are The Number 1 Trusted Dating App.2
Registering to meet Pittsburgh singles near you is easy
If you’d like to see our Compatibility Matching System in action, registering with eharmony couldn’t be simpler:
- After signing up, you’ll be asked to complete a 20-minute Compatibility Quiz. This is how we get the insights we need on your distinct personality traits and your relationship goals.
- Now you can set up your profile. The quiz results populate some of your profile. Now you just need to add your hobbies, interests and some photos.
- Take a look at your Match List. This is filled automatically with Pittsburgh dating prospects after completing the quiz. You can filter it based on a range of criteria like location, income level and education.
- Find some profiles you like, get in touch and start getting to know them. We offer a range of communication features.
It’s really that easy.
Some of the best date ideas around Pittsburgh
Once you’re ready to go out on a date with someone from your Match List, you might not be sure where to go.
As this is your first date, you might want to start with something laid back and casual like a walk along one of the rivers. Here are some riverside date ideas for you.
Near the Monongahela River
- The Milkshake Factory in South Side – Satisfy that sweet tooth after a long walk with this selection of dessert treats.
- Venture Outdoors in South Side – If you’re still feeling active after, you can get on the water by renting a kayak.
Near the Ohio River
- Cafe 412 in Westend Village – Grab a coffee or a quick gourmet sandwich at this Westend favorite.
- Rivers Casino – It’s not the most conventional follow-up to a walk but what can beat a few hands of blackjack or playing a few slot machines?
Near the Allegheny River
- The Strip District – Now’s your chance to explore the clothing, snack at the artisanal food shops and soak in the culture without having to deal with the nightmarish parking situation.
- The Andy Warhol Museum on North Shore – Cap off your date by exploring the work of the seminal, world-famous pop artist.
Let eharmony help you meet Pittsburgh singles who match you
From cheering from the sidelines of a Steelers game to exploring the city’s varied cultural hubs like South Side and Lawrenceville, it’s never a dull moment for Pittsburgh singles who are looking to find someone special in the Steel City. There isn’t really a limit to the myriad of exciting ways and places to meet them.
But if you’d rather enjoy Pittsburgh with a potential partner rather than spend all that time looking for them, eharmony can help guide your relationship journey and lead you to that special someone. Find out for yourself and register with eharmony today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.