With its oak-line streets that give the effect of the city merging with the natural splendor that encircles it and colorful night skyline that gives a hint to the dazzling array of the cultural activities that city plays host to, dating in Raleigh, NC is a heady blend of relaxed Southern charm and the trademark eclectic vibrancy of modern North Carolina.
With a dating scene as varied as the canals of the Outer Banks, Raleigh singles are interested in meeting new people. For instance, according to a study, 48% of single women and 68% of single men in the city have never been married.1
Now, let’s take a look at other aspects of the dating scene.
Table of content:
The Raleigh dating scene
You may be wondering, is Raleigh, NC a good place for singles? It has the pace of a smaller city along with a similar community feel and this is often reflected in the culture of dating in Raleigh, NC. This, however, isn’t a bad thing as it makes for a more laid-back and welcoming dating scene.
Singles in the city are also reasonably well distributed in age, according to the study, where it placed 9th in the country. Raleigh can be an ideal place for older singles as well as younger ones too. For example, it ranked 3rd in cities to find single, financially independent women in their 40s. Singles in general ranked 17th in terms of their level of education in the city. One of the best parts of being single and dating in Raleigh, NC, is how diverse the dating scene is.
Different ways to meet singles in Raleigh
The dating scene is active but where exactly are you supposed to go to meet all these potential dates? We’ve got a few ideas and the best ways to approach people:
- Glenwood South – This emerging entertainment and nightlife district probably has the highest concentration of people socializing so there can be a lot of Raleigh singles. Nightlife and romance go together.
- Your local gym – Gyms can be a great place to meet people who are also active and into fitness. Once again, a cue of some kind would help as many people don’t necessarily see the gym as a social space. Group classes can provide a better space for socializing.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences – The city is well-known for its arts and culture, so museums always have interesting opportunities for dating in Raleigh, NC. You could join a lecture or even an after-hours event.
- Hit the beach – During the summer months, visit your local beach with some of your friends. If you see someone you like, feel free to start a conversation. A lot of North Carolinians center their socializing at beaches like the Outer Banks, Emerald Isle or Wrightsville.
However, more and more people are making use of dating apps as ways to meet singles in Raleigh due to their convenience and the enhanced perspective they give you of who’s out there.
Online dating in Raleigh, NC done right with eharmony
When it comes to the best dating apps in Raleigh, it really depends on what you’re looking for and how you like to approach online dating.
As the No.1 trusted dating app2, eharmony takes a very specialized approach in getting to know you better to match you better. This is to ensure that the interactions feel authentic and like they’re truly moving forward toward something deeper.
Using a compatibility-based algorithm, informed by two decades of experience and team of relationship experts, the platform intelligently seeks out members whose personality traits complement and contrast in ways that can result in happier and longer-lasting relationships.
Get started with eharmony
Download the eharmony app or sign up on the desktop site to get your dating journey started:
- When you sign up, you first complete the Compatibility Quiz. It was specially designed to help people learn more about themselves and what they’re looking for so that you will find the Raleigh singles that get you.
- Setting up your profile couldn’t be simpler as the quiz partially populates it. Make sure to include what makes you tick, your hobbies and interests.
- Take a look at your Match List. Each eharmony member on it is assigned a Compatibility Score and you can drill down on the list based on a range of search criteria way beyond just age and proximity.
- Get in touch with members that catch your eye to get dating in Raleigh started.
Outdoor date ideas for Raleigh Singles
Met someone on eharmony and now you’re looking for some date ideas in Raleigh? Outdoor dates make for a nice casual first date and take advantage of the city’s breathtaking nature. Here are a few of our favorites:
- William B. Umstead State Park – Whether you just want to take a short hike or just rent a paddleboat for a relaxed time on the water, this recreational space has it all.
- Diavolo at New Hope Disc Golf – Less intense and stuffy than regular golf and lets you enjoy a game while you’re traversing the scenic 45-acre course.
- Pullen Park – This option is nice because it’s quite central and after your walk, you have access to cafes and vendors to carry the date on, and perhaps even go on some of the rides.
Time to take advantage of the city’s dating scene
While it’s good to know that the science supports it, you don’t need a study to tell you that dating in Raleigh, NC and vibrant singles scene is among the best in the U.S. One where it doesn’t matter if you like cafe hopping, pouring through museums, or taking full advantage of the stunning North Carolina outdoors, interesting singles are never far away. You just have to find them. eharmony can help with that and help support your dating journey. Start your dating journey today to meet Raleigh singles.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.