It may have been overshadowed by Charlotte in the past, but this corner of the Triangle has recently come into its own. Singles in Raleigh find it a great place to live with its small-town-in-a-big-city feel, easy access to education, and some of the best barbecue in the country. Plus, the city’s easy, laidback pace of life and an abundance of Southern charm doesn’t hurt either. And did we mention the over half the population is single? It’s true, Raleigh is a great place to live, especially if you’re looking to find your perfect partner.
A positive mindset makes dating in Raleigh easier
With its high quality of life, booming employment, and gorgeous views, it’s no surprise an Apartment List survey rated Raleigh #2 on its list of great cities for dating. The small-town vibe that draws so many people here might mean it takes singles in Raleigh a little more time to make those deep connections, but it’s worth the wait.
Plus, for those singles in Raleigh who don’t drive, finding a partner is a little more challenging, since the city’s public transport network is… well, it could be better. Which is where dating apps can be a great option, allowing you to get out and meet people without really going out.
How to meet people in Raleigh
That said… the people are warm and welcoming, and meeting singles in Raleigh couldn’t be easier if you’re willing to put yourself out there. Here are some suggestions for single venues:
- If you’re a sports fan – or even if you’re not – you can’t go wrong heading to a game, whether basketball or hockey. Just be careful if you’re wearing Tarheel or Duke blue and want to make contact with someone. North Carolinians take this rivalry seriously.
- You’re in the Smithsonian of the South – a tour of one of the many great museums (history, natural sciences, or art) is a great way to expand your horizons and meet like-minded people.
- More an adventure type? Join an outdoors club and hike, bike or kayak with people who share your love of the outdoors.
Technology makes finding love easier for Raleigh singles
It’s true that Raleigh appreciates the old-fashioned way of doing things – just look at the history that permeates every inch of the town. But the modern world of online dating is used by singles everywhere, for many reasons – among them a desire to break out of their social circles, and the ability to conduct their social lives in the pockets of time they have free in the middle of their busy lives.
Switch out snap decisions for deep connections with eharmony
With eharmony, finding someone special takes more than a glance and a swipe. With twenty years in the relationship business, eharmony has picked up a thing or two about what makes lasting relationships last. One of the key factors? Compatibility.
When you sign up for an eharmony account, you’re directed to take a the Compatibility Quiz. This detailed questionnaire measures your characteristics, needs, and wants in a relationship across 32 Compatibility Dimensions. Once calculated, these results are fed through an algorithm, which compares your profile with all the member profiles that match to your search criteria. The algorithm creates a Match List ranked by your shared Compatibility Scores – the higher the shared Score, the greater your chances at a meaningful relationship.
So, if you’re serious about finding your next potential partner, turn to the dating app that relays on true science and compatibility.
Top 3 fun first date ideas in Raleigh
As convenient as online dating can be, at some point you’ll want to meet in person. Make it special with one of the Raleigh dating destinations below:
- A tour of the Vidali Chocolate Factory. What’s better than sweets with your sweetheart?
- If all that sugar doesn’t appeal, consider a picnic at the JC Raulston Arboretum, where you can get to know each other better while walking around the gorgeous gardens.
- Go old school with a movie screening at the Rialto, where you and your date can watch classic movies and share a bucket of their famous popcorn.
Dating in Raleigh offers a world of possibilities
Raleigh is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and for good reason – its thriving universities, its booming job scene, its rich history, its fantastic food and drink scene, and most of all, the people who give this Southern city its charm. The only thing better than getting to live in Raleigh? Doing it with someone you love. So sign up for an eharmony account and get started on finding your perfect partner today!