Kansas City is known as the Paris of the Plains, and not just for its wide, beautiful boulevards. Singles in Kansas City can enjoy a vibrant theater and arts scene, amazing barbecue (among other culinary delights), fantastic museums, and pretty darn good sports teams. And with 48% of the people in this city being single, it’s also a great place to look for your next date.
Why traditional dating in Kansas City a challenge
While KCMO may be famous for its Midwestern hospitality, it’s also very much a cluster of several small towns within a larger metropolis, and that influences the dating scene. Most people are KCMO born and raised, which means their social circles are already pretty set. You shouldn’t let that discourage you from trying dating in Kansas City, though – being open and putting yourself out there, plus making an effort to get to know the people around you will pay off eventually.
Tips to meet singles in Kansas City
- Get those creative juices flowing – and meet fellow artsy singles while you’re at it – with classes at The Makery KC.
- Prefer sports or art? KC has a plethora of sports teams, from the Royals (baseball) to the Mavericks (ice hockey), and attending a game is a great way to connect with other hometown people.
- If you’re the outdoorsy type, the Sierra Club or even yoga sessions in one of KC’s many parks is a great way to meet like-minded others.
Go new ways and try online dating in Kansas City
In places like Kansas City, singles often turn to online dating to find someone whose interests and commitment level matches theirs. Plus, you can fit getting to know people around your other commitments, an important advantage for busy singles. If you’ve never looked for love online before, it can be intimidating, but eharmony makes it easy.
- Step One: Sign up! You can download the dating app on iOS or Android, or go straight to the website.
- Step Two: Enter your gender and the gender you’re looking for, and your email address. If you’re pressed for time, there’s always the option to use your Apple or Facebook IDs.
- Step Three: Set some time aside to take the Compatibility Quiz. This is the most important step, as the responses you give will be used to create your Personality Profile and to find you compatible matches, so take your time and be as honest as you can.
- Step Four: Step back, relax, and let eharmony work its magic! Your Personality Profile – based on 32 characteristics – will be evaluated by means of 136 rules in a matching algorithm, and a Compatibility Score will be generated. This Compatibility Score will be used to find potential partners. The higher your shared Score, the more compatible you are.
- Step Five: Once the algorithm is done, you’ll see your compatible singles in a Match List. The higher their position on the list, the more compatible they’ve been judged. Now you can scroll through the available singles at your leisure, knowing you already have things in common.
- Step Six (and One!): Reach out! Send a Smile or ask them about themselves with an Icebreaker. You never know what path that first step may lead you down!
Picks for great first dates in KC
- You or your date 90s fans? Up Down is the perfect date night for anyone who wants to recapture a little of that 90s nostalgia, with old-fashioned arcade games and daily specials.
- Pack a basket and a blanket and head to Loose Park for a low-stress, highly romantic picnic date.
- Watch the fishes go by at Sea Life Aquarium, where the wonders of the underwater world make for great conversation starters.
- Or get cultured on date night with a stroll around the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.
Don’t wait to find love in Kansas City, singles
KC may be one large small town, but it’s got enough for singles to rival any metropolis. There’s great music, even better food, easy access to nature, and a growing arts scene and a thriving downtown. The best part of this city, though, is the people. Which is why you shouldn’t waste any time before signing up for eharmony and finding your own KCMO love story today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.