It may be the largest city in (and the capital of) Idaho, but Boise still retains a lot of its small-town charm. Singles in Boise can enjoy to a rapidly growing downtown, easy access to a plethora of outdoor activities, a growing restaurant scene, and several beautiful parks and green spaces. Plus, with nearly half the population (49%) being single, it’s a great time to seeking for a partner in this city.
Why traditional dating is difficult in Boise
Boise has many big-city-amenities, small-town-vibes advantages, but unfortunately a large dating pool isn’t one of them. The people here tend to marry early, meaning that older Boise singles may have a harder time finding potential partners.
While several breweries have opened up in recent years, there’s not a very big club and bar scene in Boise, but there’s still plenty of scope for dating, it’s just a matter of taking your time and waiting for the right person to show up.
How to meet people in Boise
Luckily, there’s plenty of places to get to know singles in this city. Here are some of the top picks:
- Boise is home to some of the most beautiful wilderness in America as well as great hiking trails. Join a hiking group and meet other outdoorsy singles in Boise.
- Fun fact: Idaho has one of the largest Basque populations in America. An event at the Basque Museum and Cultural Center is a great way to learn more and get to know like-minded others.
- As previously mentioned, the craft beer scene in Boise is heating up. Head to Tom Grainey’s Sporting Pub to sample a few pints and meet fellow beer loving singles.
Why dating in Boise goes online
Singles are increasingly moving towards dating apps to find their next relationship. Meeting someone virtually can feel much easier and more doable than asking someone out in the real world. Plus, you can do it on your own time and from the comfort of your own home.
And if you’re in search of something serious and long-term, someone who is with you for your values rather than how good you look in your profile picture, a person you’re compatible with on a deeper level, eharmony is the perfect choice.
eharmony focuses on the long term, rather than on just the present. When you create an account on the dating site and app, you start by filling out a Compatibility Quiz. Your answers are used to create your Personality Profile, which is designed to narrow down the large, diverse pool of singles to just the ones you’re most compatible with.
Once you’re done filling out the quiz, eharmony creates a profile that’s based on 32 characteristics, that’s then used to create a Compatibility Score for you and any potential future partners.
Your shared Compatibility Scores are calculated using a balanced ratio of similarities and contrasts, so it’s easy to find someone who matches your values and vision for your relationship.
Great places and fun Boise first date ideas
- Do date night Southern style with dinner at Tupelo Honey.
- If your date loves to laugh, there’s no better first encounter than an evening at Liquid Laugh Lounge.
- Or take advantage of the gorgeous green spaces in B-Town with a picnic at Kathryn Albertson Park, Camel’s Back Park, or even pair it with a hike at Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area.
Boise singles, let love grow in the City of Trees
Singles are spoiled for choice when it comes to things to do in Boise (all those gorgeous green spaces, the up and coming restaurant scene, even a museum or two) – all that remains is finding someone special to do them with. And with eharmony, finding the perfect partner to share all that B-Town has to offer with is easier than ever. Sign up for an account and take the first step towards dating in Boise today!