It may not have Nashville’s name recognition, but Knoxville is a singles’ paradise. There are plenty of things to do like hiking or camping in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, nerding out on Civil War history at a museum, cheering on the Volunteers at a football game… the list goes on and on. And with 63% of the city’s population being unattained, it’s a great time to be dating in Knoxville.
Why Knoxville singles don’t see the appeal in traditional dating
As for Knoxville, singles here may find the University of Tennessee a double-edged sword. There are so many available unattained people, but most of them either very young, not looking for anything serious, or both. In addition, busy schedules mean Knoxville singles have little time to spend in endless rounds of bar-hopping or finding other traditional ways to find dates.
How to meet people in Knoxville
We know some people have always dreamed of finding love the traditional way. So, if that’s your dream, here are some of the best spots and activities to meet singles in Knoxville:
- A Vols game. How else? It’s K-town. Grab something orange and prepare to cheer your heart out with someone who shares the same passion with you for the hometown team.
- If you’re less into sports, there’s always classes at UT Knoxville. Learn something new and you might even find someone to start a flirt with along the way studying.
- If you’re a dog person, Knoxville is a the perfect place to be. Take your four-legged friend for a run downtown, or to one of the city’s many dog parks, you never know who you’ll meet.
Start dating in Knoxville with eharmony
More and more, singles are turning to apps to find love. Online dating allows you to broaden your geographical horizons while focusing more on the other qualities you’d like your future partner to have. Plus, with online dating, you’re in the comfort of your own home, or wherever you choose to be, not stuck in a noisy bar or stuck talking to your Mom’s third cousin’s friend’s son who she swore was just perfect for you.
Online dating is the new normal and there are plenty of apps out there, but that doesn’t mean they all are focused on finding you that someone special. So, if you’re looking for something real and want more than a quick swipe of a picture, eharmony is the best place for you. With a focus on compatibility, eharmony provides in-depth profiles showing you exactly how you and a potential partner match up. Because why waste your time talking to people who don’t share your values or interests?
Success stories proof: Online dating in Knoxville works
Kimberly, one of Knoxville’s many singles, was getting frustrated with the dating scene and all the guys who just didn’t live up to her expectations. Then her mom got her an eharmony membership as a gift…
A while later, Kimberly met Joel on the site and the two hit it off right away. A meeting in person confirmed what getting to know each other online had told them… they were meant to be together.
First date ideas in Knoxville
So you got a first date, now what? Here are some great Knoxville date ideas that aren’t just the classic dinner and a movie, or sports game:
- Take a long leisurely stroll through the Knoxville Museum of Art.
- A stuffy gallery not your style? Mix it up with an Urban Scavenger Hunt in downtown Knoxville.
- Feeling romantic? It doesn’t get nicer than a sunset cruise on the Tennessee.
- A picnic in the park means gorgeous views, privacy, and the chance to get to know each other under the wide-open sky.
- Or take a class: glassblowing, letterpress, swing dancing; the sky’s the limit.
Orange you glad you’re in Knoxville, singles?
It’s true, the thought of dating in Knoxville can be a tough, but all you need is that ONE special someone to wear orange or taste whiskey or go bowling with to make you realize love is out there. And with online dating, finding that person may be easier than ever. Sign up for eharmony, and get started today!
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.