Cincinnati may be a great place to find some gorgeous architecture, but for singles, it’s also a great place to find meaningful relationships. With its scenic location on the Ohio river, a plethora of places to grab a drink, and an awesome local food scene (Cincinnati chili, Cincinnati caviar, and blue ice cream, just to name a few), it’s no wonder singles come to Cincinnati to find a potential partner. And to make it even better, mix Cincinnati’s 70% single population with the city’s relaxed, easy-going vibe and you get the perfect place to find love.
Why dating in Cincinnati can be a marathon, not a sprint
Cincinnati was ranked within the top 30% as one of the best cities to date by an Apartment List survey. That said, traditional dating has its challenges even in this city as singles turn to bars and restaurants to search for their potential partner. One major problem with that is that Cincinnati only has 23.4 bars and restaurants per 1,000 people making meeting new people a little difficult. In addition, the city is one of natives rather than transplants, so it can be hard to break into long-established social groups here. That’s not to say it’s hopeless – dating in Cincinnati just requires a little more perseverance.
How to meet people in Cincinnati
Luckily, singles in Cincinnati have plenty of options that don’t involve restaurants or bars. Here are some of the best places to meet singles in Cincinnati:
- If you’re an outdoorsy type, the Outdoor Adventure Club, the Cincinnati Ski Club, and the University of Cincinnati Mountaineering Club are great ways to meet like-minded potential partners.
- Prefer something quieter and less strenuous? You could take a class at Jungle Jim’s Cooking School, and maybe you’ll find someone to share your delicious creations with.
- Or try a Cincy-specific online community, like Meetup’s various Cincinnati singles groups, or the Meetin chapter, MeetinCincinnati.
Dating in Cincinnati has the reputation of requiring a little effort, but you just need the right mindset. For singles from this city, patience and persistence is exactly the mindset you need when searching for a partner.
Taking dating online makes it easier and more fun
While traditional dating still has its advantages, it’s becoming more and more common for singles across the U.S. to switch to dating apps for several reasons. For one, even if you live in Cincinnati, with online dating you can easily make connections with people all over the world! Dating someone in a nearby city lets you learn something new and broaden all your horizons, not just your romantic ones. A second reason, dating apps mean singles can carry their love lives in their pockets, and find something real even with their busy schedules.
How eharmony helps Cincinnati singles find love
With eharmony, single men and women in Cincinnati have the best of dating online and off. If swiping doesn’t sound fun, don’t worry – try eharmony. All you have to do is fill out the Compatibility Quiz and you’ll be presented with a list of singles that fit with what you’re looking for in a significant other.
Once you complete the Compatibility Quiz, eharmony produces a profile that’s based on 32 characteristics. These characteristics are evaluated and used in the Compatibility Matching System to produce a Compatibility Score for you and any potential partner. The higher your shared Scores, the more compatible.
First date ideas in Cincinnati
Whether online or off, you’ve found someone you have a connection with and now want to start to get to know one another. Luckily, if you’re in Cincinnati, there are lots of great first date locations.
- The American Sign Museum, one of the city’s best-kept secrets, is a great place to get to know each other – and some very eclectic history – better.
- If abstract art is more your thing, a walk around the Pyramid Sculpture Park makes for a wonderful first date.
- Or if you believe that music is the food of love, head to DownTowne Listening Lounge for live performances in a historic Cincy building, the old Shillito department store.
Cincinnati singles, your perfect partner is out there
Yes, it’s true that the prospect of dating in Cincinnati can be a little daunting at first glance. But with all the things to see and do here, whether it’s exploring the great outdoors, spending time with wolves, discovering the city’s many museums, or catching a live band, there’s plenty of ways for Queen City singles to find that special someone. So, sign up for eharmony and get started on the path to happily ever after today.