Located in the heart of upstate New York, on the banks of the Onondaga Lake, Syracuse is a small city with a big heart. Home to the Rosamond Gifford Zoo as well as several museums, Syracuse also offers singles gorgeous landscapes, vibrant history, and a thriving food scene. And with singles making up 70% of the population, you have the best odds to find someone new.
Reasons traditional dating in Syracuse can be a challenge
Syracuse’s location in the northeast has many advantages – gorgeous views, proximity to two of the Great Lakes – but it also means snow. Lots and lots of snow. An average of over a hundred inches a year, to be precise. While this is great news for Syracuse singles who love the cold, there’s no denying that long winters make dating in Syracuse a challenge, between icy roads and the desire to stay indoors where it’s warm. That said, there’s something to be said about dates spent ice skating or watching the Syracuse Crush, or even snuggling on the couch with hot chocolate and a movie. And while as harsh as winter in the city can be, fall more than makes up for it.
Some of the best places to meet singles in Syracuse
- Take a class at Syracuse University or Le Moyne College. Not only will it help keep your wits sharp, you might just find a permanent study buddy.
- If sports are more your thing, the Syracuse Sports Association offers adult rec leagues for a variety of sports. Get fit and meet other fitness-oriented singles.
- Trivia nights are big in Syracuse. Head to Clark’s Ale House, Kitty Hoyne’s, or Munjed’s Middle Eastern Café and flex your mental muscles with fellow singles.
The advantage of online dating in Syracuse with eharmony
Singles in Syracuse (and elsewhere) are increasingly taking their search for love online. Even during the worst of a northeastern winter, you can search for love from the warmth and comfort of your own home with a mug of hot chocolate by your side.
And with eharmony, you can find a person you can envision having a long and meaningful relationship with. Someone who – thanks to it’s unique Compatibility Matching System – appreciates you for being you rather than just how good you look in your profile pictures.
eharmony has over twenty years of experience in the relationship business, and it shows in the way we bring couples together. When you join, you’re asked to take our Compatibility Quiz which is designed to narrow down the large, diverse pool of singles to just those who you can build a deep connection with over time. Thanks to the Compatibility Matching System, you can find a partner whose values and vision the relationship aligns with yours. eharmony helps you create a deep and lasting relationship online and off.
Sussess story with an immediate connection, online and offline
Ben and Heather may have been from opposite sides of the country, but luckily Ben working and going to grad school meant that a face-to-face meeting was easy. And right from the start, it was obvious eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System works – they just couldn’t stop talking, even going so far as to extend an already long dinner just so they could keep the conversation going. The more time they spent together, the more they knew that this was it, and from there their love has never stopped growing.
First date ideas in Syracuse: Best places to take your date
- Skating at the Clinton Square Ice Rink is both fun and romantic… plus it’s a great excuse to hold hands!
- Take a long rambling walk around the Rosamund Gifford Zoo and ooh and aah over all the cute animals, including snow leopards, elephants, and red pandas.
- If you or your date bleed orange, a Syracuse game (whether basketball, football, or lacrosse) is a great idea.
- Or – if the weather allows – pack a picnic and explore Green Lakes State Park. Or head to the Eerie Canal Museum for history and central heating.
Syracuse singles, don’t let the chance for love go cold
Syracuse may be famous for its long winters and massive amounts of snow, but that’s all the more reason to find someone to keep you warm. And with all there is to see and do here – sports both indoor and outdoor, interesting off-beat museums, great food – there’s never been a better time to date for singles in Syracuse. So, sign up for eharmony today and get started today!