With its breathtaking Georgia city charm and streets lined with trees of every color, it’s hard to not feel romantic in Charlotte NC, boasting a perfect blend of small town appeal and big city opportunities.
But what it’s like dating in Charlotte NC for everyday singles trying to navigate the dating pool and find the right person for them? We explore the local scene and where you can find your special spot in it.
eharmony’s Charlotte dating check
of the Charlotte population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
low cost of dating in Charlotte
top 3 Charlotte date spots
Middle C Jazz Club
Museum of Illusions
Table of content:
A peek at the Charlotte dating scene
First, you may be wondering how many singles there are in Charlotte, as many locals complain of a perception of scant dating opportunities. Well, according to the US Census Bureau, there are over 415,000 singles currently living in the city1, which means the dating scene is more active than it may initially appear.
Dating in Charlotte is an enriching experience due to the vibrant and expansive culture and vast selection of activities in and around the city. With a city that has so much going on, you’ll never be short on opportunities to meet interesting singles from all walks of life. The city is also known for having an active dating scene, both online and offline, meaning local singles are very open to meeting up and exploring potential connections, making the dating experience less intensive.
Where do singles meet in Charlotte?
There are lots of different ways to get in touch with the kind of Charlotte dating opportunities you’re interested in:
Free places you can meet people
- The Mint Museum in Uptown – There are always interesting exhibits here.
- The U.S. National Whitewater Center River Jam – Hosts free concerts.
- Romare Bearden Park – Vibrant and active space.
- Green at Promenade on Providence – Hosts free events like movies.
- Anne Springs Close Greenway – Explore a trail and meet other walkers.
Places and activities for people interested in dating in Charlotte NC
- Volunteer for a cause important to you.
- Camp North End in Druids Hill South – Hosts social change-up events.
- NoDa Brewing Company’s Run Club in NoDA – Get fit and meet people.
- SkillPop in Ashley Park – Learn with others.
- Haunted Walking Tour – Being scared can be bonding.
The best bars to meet singles in Charlotte
- VBGB Beer Hall and Garden in Greenville – Casual friendly vibe.
- Roxbury Nightclub in Uptown – Famous for its raucous events.
- The Imperial in Uptown – A more chic option.
- NoDa Brewing Company North End – A nice mix of people.
- Aura Rooftop in Center City – Escape the city buzz.
Exploring online dating in Charlotte NC
Online dating culture is very prominent in Charlotte. This makes sense as it’s difficult to overlook the appeal of being able to get a top-down view of just who’s out there and looking for the same thing as you, as well as being able to do things like narrow down age and location parameters, immediately answering that question, is Charlotte NC good for singles? It also lets you date from anywhere, whether it’s on your daily commute or while sitting at a cafe in NoDa.
But seeing as it’s easy and convenient, shouldn’t it also be an effective use of your time if something real is what you’re looking for? At eharmony, we think so.
How eharmony can help change your dating experience
While some may enjoy the high volume of eligible singles on other apps and dating sites, we believe in a quality over quantity approach. By focusing our services on singles who are looking for meaningful connections, ones that are based on sincerity and a sense of true compatibility, we have developed a leading reputation among those dating in Charlotte NC and globally for our success rate. This is why we are regarded as the #1 Trusted Dating App2.
We use a psychological-based and data-driven approach to the concept of true compatibility. Using a Compatibility Matching System as well as a comprehensive Personality Profile of each member, we can predict how compatible two respective singles are and what the likelihood of them forming a lasting relationship will be.
Starting an account is also incredibly basic.
How to start finding love with eharmony
- Sign up on our dating site or app
- Complete a simple Compatibility Quiz. This generates your Personality Profile and will essentially serve as the roadmap to our shared journey of helping you find sincere connections and, finally, lasting love, as we support you throughout every step.
- Set up your profile with some pictures that showcase who you are. Don’t forget to fill out some of your profile so that potential connections can get to know you.
- Check the Discover section. You’ll find all the local singles who passed our standards of compatibility. Each is given a Compatibility Score and you can view their profile to get a brief breakdown of what that score means for your potential relationship.
- Once you’ve found someone you like, it’s time to get in touch. Open with a joke or send them a Smile and kick off your journey.
It’s really that easy.
Top Charlotte date ideas
So now sparks are flying and you’re going on your first date. But where? You’ll want to pick something that they’ll find fun, and that’s perhaps even novel, but not something completely out of your comfort zone. Here are a few suggestions from us:
- Baku Restaurant in Southpark – Premier Japanese cuisine.
- ArtWalksCLT around the city and explore the rich street art.
- Seoul Food Meat Company in Wilmore – Private karaoke rooms.
- Stroke in Plaza Midwood – Urban golf course and speakeasy.
- Whitewater Center – Lots of outdoor adventures.
- Nuvole Twenty Two in Center City – Rooftop bar with an unbeatable view.
- Take a walk in Freedom Park – A casual alternative.
- Theatre Charlotte in Cherry – A smaller, more offbeat theater company.
- The Music Yard in South End – Enjoy a music show together.
- Slingshot Social Game Club in South End – Bar snacks and tons of games.
Dating in Charlotte NC your way
You may sometimes have your doubts about finding new quality opportunities or reservations about singles’ intentions in the city, but often this is because we’re looking for these things in the wrong places. With eharmony, you’re always in the right place because we are committed to supporting you form a truly meaningful connection through our platform and being part of turning that connection into something real and lasting, with someone you feel true compatibility with.
Sign up for a free eharmony now and see for yourself.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.