The third-largest city in the Show Me State, Springfield is no slouch when it comes to things to see and do. Living in the birthplace of Route 66 and the location of the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, not to mention the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium, plus home to great food and drink, Springfield singles (60% of the population) are spoilt for choice.
Why dating in Springfield the old-fashioned way can be a challenge
Although Springfield is among the top US cities when it comes to livability, dating here does have its ups and downs.
This is a college town, which means that Springfield singles who aren’t in college need to look a little harder for potential dates. Luckily, between Springfield natives, transplants, and tourists, there’s plenty of choice to be had.
There’s also a perception that Springfield isn’t somewhere you settle down, which makes planning futures difficult for Springfield singles who want to stay. Luckily, that’s changing, as more and more young professionals settle down in this part of the Silicon Prairie.
Ways to meet new people in Springfield
Meeting new people once you’re out of college can be daunting – but we can help! Here are some of the best places to find singles in Springfield:
- The best part of the Ozarks? How willing everyone is to lend a hand. Sign up to volunteer and make Springfield better while meeting like-minded others.
- If you’re more of an artsy type, First Fridays or the Rated SGF Film Festival are perfect places to find other creative singles.
- Just because you’ve graduated doesn’t mean you should stop learning. Sign up for a class at one of Springfield’s many colleges – you just might find a forever study buddy while you’re at it!
Springfield singles are turning online for love
While dating the old-fashioned way still has its charms – there’s something to be said for those unexpected meetings or for getting set up by a family member’s coworker who turns out to be perfect for you – people are increasingly switching to searching online. For many reasons – finding someone you like is easier when you’re not restricting yourself to just your town, for instance.
Looking for a deep, long-lasting connection? eharmony is the way to go
Perhaps the best thing about online dating is that it lets you set expectations for the kind of relationship you’re looking for right from the get-go. Even if you’re a newcomer to dating apps (or even the internet) setting yourself up for dating success couldn’t be easier.
- Download the dating app (Android or iOS, depending) or go to eharmony.com.
- Pick your gender, the gender you’re interested in, enter your email, and choose a password – or use your Facebook or Apple ID if you want things to go quicker.
- Take eharmony’s detailed Compatibility Quiz, which lets eharmony use your answers to create your Personality Profile.
- Get to work on your profile, while you’re waiting for eharmony to work its magic. You can easily edit your profile, with simple questions and prompts to take away the stress of hunting for the perfect phrase.
- Check out the Match List eharmony has created for you, once you’re done with your profile. The higher someone is on the list, the more compatible they are.
- Benefit from the various conversation tools (Smiles, Icebreakers, and more) to get in touch when someone catches your eye. Who knows? It might be step one of something completely new…
Great first date ideas in Springfield
When it comes to great date ideas, this city got tons. Here are three of our favorites:
- Can’t decide where to enjoy a beer or two? Take your date on a 417 Brewery Bus Tour. Bonus: you don’t have to worry about a designated driver!
- Have a romantic picnic at the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden and wow your date with the food and the views.
- Deck yourselves out in Cardinals Red and head to Hammons Field to watch the Springfield Cardinals together. Bonus: the slower pace of a ball game means plenty of time to get to know each other.
Springfield singles take control of their dating destiny with eharmony
Springfield is called the Queen City of the Ozarks, and with the royally good time that can be had here, it’s no wonder. Between its big city amenities (Missouri State, a plethora of great bars and restaurants, a downtown that gets more charming and eclectic every year) and small-town feel (Southern charm and hospitality is still strong here), all Springfield singles need is a consort enjoy the Queen City with.