Dating in Baltimore: Chasing love in charm city
Baltimore is a city with deep ties to the past – it is, after all, the birthplace of America’s national anthem – as well as an eye towards the future. Located near the gorgeous Chesapeake Bay, Baltimore is home to a thriving arts and music scene, as well as amazing food and drink. Plus, dating in Baltimore is easier than you think – according to the US Census around 71% of people in Baltimore are single1, making it a great place for anyone looking for love.
Table of content:
Is Baltimore good for dating?
Did you know that over half of the population in Baltimore are singles, meaning anyone looking for love here has many options to choose from. You’re especially in luck if you’re a man looking for a woman, given the gender divide among Baltimore singles – 46% are men, and 54% are women2. Honestly, the most challenging aspect of dating in Baltimore might just be figuring out which of the many great places in the city to look in first.
Where to meet singles in Baltimore
Wondering how to meet singles in Baltimore? Some ideas to get you started:
Best free places to get to know other singles:
- Druid Hill Park: a beautiful green space that also contains the Maryland Zoo.
- Enoch Pratt Free Library: events including book clubs, lectures and game nights.
- Guinness Open Gates Brewery Tour: take a free tour of the only Guinness brewery in the United States.
- Station North Arts and Entertainment District: a vibrant, artsy neighborhood with its murals, galleries, and live music shows.
- Lexington Market, N. Eutaw Street: the country’s oldest continuously operating public market.
Best attractions and museums to meet other singles:
- Fort McHenry: Find other history-minded Baltimore singles and see where the Star Spangled Banner was born
- Maryland Zoo: Take a walk on the wild side and meet fellow nature-loving singles.
- Baltimore Museum of Art: Explore the largest public collection of Matisses with art-loving Baltimore singles.
- Open Works: Take a class and make new friends at this makerspace in Johnston Square.
- Baltimore Harbor: Immerse yourself in naval history – or enjoy the National Aquarium.
Best singles bars in Baltimore:
- The Bluebird Cocktail Room, Woodberry
- W.C. HARLAN, Charles Village
- The Place Lounge in Downtown Baltimore
- Sugarvale, in Downtown Baltimore
- Power Plant Live!, Inner Harbor
All the bars on this list are great for anyone considering dating in Baltimore, with their lively atmosphere that’s still quiet enough for a conversation.
Online dating in Baltimore
While looking for love the traditional way is a great option, more and more Baltimore singles have made the switch to online dating. Online dating offers Baltimore singles a variety of advantages over its offline counterpart:
- It takes way less time
- It’s easier to identify and look for exactly what you want
- You can do it anywhere and at any time
- Your dating pool is no longer limited by geography or being in the same place at the same time
Why you should choose eharmony if you’re dating in Baltimore
As the No 1 trusted dating app3, eharmony is a great choice for anyone considering dating in Baltimore. Regardless of your age or background, if you’re looking for deep, lasting relationships with people who share your interests and values, eharmony is the place for you. We have over two decades’ experience in helping singles find real love, and it’s something we care passionately about. No wonder, someone finds love every 14 minutes on eharmony!
How to get started with eharmony:
Ready to take the plunge into online dating in Baltimore? It couldn’t be easier. All you need is your phone or computer and a little time.
- First, sign up for an eharmony account.
- Second, take our Compatibility Quiz. It’s the heart of the eharmony experience – we use your answers to get to know you better, and help you find singles who’re truly compatible with you.
- Third, time to fill out your profile. eharmony’s detailed profile pages help our users find eligible singles they can connect meaningfully with. You’ll find questions and prompts that will make this step a breeze.
- While you’re doing that, our algorithm will work its magic and come up with a list of eligible singles we think would be a good fit for you, based on how compatible you both are.
- The fourth (and most important!) step – getting in touch with potential partners. Send them a message or use the handy Icebreaker feature to start a conversation.
First date ideas in Baltimore
The Icebreaker has done its job, the conversations have gone well… now it’s time for your very first in-person date. Here are a few great Baltimore first date ideas:
- A picnic in Patterson Park is a great idea for when it’s pleasant outside.
- Explore the city’s thriving food scene with a food tour from Bite of Baltimore.
- Head to Bengies Drive-In for a nostalgia-filled first date.
- If you and your date are both early birds, breakfast at Miss Shirley’s Café is a great first date idea.
- Burn off those first date nerves with a date at Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
- A walk around Rawling’s Conservatory is a great bad-weather first date idea.
- Love sports? A Baltimore Orioles game is the perfect first date.
- Visiting the Maryland State Fair makes for a fun summer first date.
- Go old school with a night of arcade games at UltraZone Baltimore.
- Have a magical night with a show at Illusions Magic Bar
Start your dating journey in Baltimore today with eharmony
Dating the old-fashioned way certainly has its charms. Why would you, though, when eharmony can help you find someone who really gets you, who you can connect with easily and naturally, thanks to our pioneering Compatibility Matching System? Join thousands of happy couples who’ve found authentic relationships and sign up for eharmony today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.