Evansville Singles, How to Look for Love in Crescent Valley
Located on the banks of the Ohio River, Evansville is a hidden gem. Not many people outside the region know it, which arguably helps with its charm. There’s a lot to see and do in Evansville for singles – museums, a small but thriving food and bar scene, and even a few festivals. Add to that it’s a growing city where 60% of the population is single, and it’s clear that it’s a good time to be dating here.
Why dating in a small town can be a problem in Evansville
For all the great things about the city – and there are a ton –singles still have to deal with a couple of small-town problems. First is that while there are plenty of singles in Evansville, many of them are either under 25 (thanks to the two really good colleges in Eville) or over 40, which means the dating pool is correspondingly smaller. Additionally, a small town means that you already know everyone, or at the very least know someone else who knows them. Don’t worry though, it’s still possible to date ihere – you can find the perfect partner, it may just take a little more time and effort.
How to meet singles in Evansville
Even in a smaller city, there’s plenty of opportunities to meet people if you know where to look. Our recommendations for the best places:
- If you’re the sporty type, the city of Evansville organizes intramural leagues in various sports like soccer, volleyball, basketball, and others. Get fit while meeting like-minded singles!
- If you’d rather act than play sports, the Gaming Guild is a great way to meet other geeky singles.
- Keep Evansville Beautiful organizes street trash clean ups every Saturday morning. It’s a great way to get to know new peopleand get some good karma!
Why dating in Evansville is going online
As mentioned previously, it is a small town, even if it does have a big personality, which means the dating pool is correspondingly… well, not that deep. That’s where online dating makes sense for Evansville singles – taking your search for love online means that you can expand your dating horizons far beyond city limits, and meet people from all over right from the comfort of your own home.
A spotlight on compatibility with eharmony
With over twenty years of experience, eharmony knows that the best relationships are based on more than just great profile pictures. When you join, you’ll fill out a Compatibility Quiz and eharmony will use it to generate a list of compatible singles that match what you’re looking for in a potential partner.
How, you ask? Once you fill out thethe quiz, the site creates a profile based on 32 characteristics. These characteristics are then evaluated using the Compatibility Matching System to help you find someone who shares your values and goals giving you the best chance at forever.
5 great Evansville first date ideas
Whether you meet someone online or in the real world, where you go and what to do on that first date still matters. Our picks:
- Get competitive with an arcade game date night at High Score Saloon or Secret Headquarters.
- A stroll around Mesker Zoo and Botanical Gardens makes for a great, low-stakes first date.
- Or go old school with an ice skating date at Swonder Ice Arena, or bowling at Diamond Lanes.
- Take in a little culture with your date and visit to the Evansville Museum of Art, History and Science.
- Or if the weather holds, pack a picnic and head to Burdette Park.
Evansville singles, find your way to love online in the River City
Evansville may also be known as the Pocket City thanks to its size, but given all there is to see and do here, including easy access to nature, lots of sports (whether watching or playing), fun museums, and even a little arts scene, the opportunities for dating in Evansville are large indeed. Sign up for eharmony and take the first step of your love story today.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.