Des Moines, Iowa’s capital, is one of the most vibrant and culturally-rich cities in the Midwest. Famous for its state fair, the city is also filled with cultural amenities, small-town comforts, sports, and music. In addition, Des Moines has been awarded some national titles such as the best place for professionals with its low unemployment rate.
Des Moines Art Center, Historic East Village, Pappjohn Sculpture Garden, and more provide a nice reprieve from this now-bustling city. Downtown Des Moines has some of the best restaurants, clubs, and breweries.
Statistics show, singles in Des Moines make up 58% of the population making it a great place to meet people! Add in the plethora of dating amenities the city has to offer and you’ll find that dating is easier than you realized.
Des Moines dating – Distress to success
If you live in Des Moines you have to be prepared to face Midwestern winter, which can be extreme. Luckily, Des Moines has a lot of fun things to do in the snow. If winters don’t bother you, transportation might – the city is quite spread out, and it is a challenge to get around without a car. If you are used to the big cosmopolitan cities, you may find that Des Moines’ public transit, and entertainment options leave something to be desired.
Despite the winters and transportation, there are plenty of things that make the city so amazing like its attractions, restaurants, games and shows and every neighborhood has something nice. Dating in this city can be better than you think.
Top 3 ways to Meeting singles in Des Moines
In any city, if you want a date, you have to get out there and make it happen. Fortunately, Des Moines is great for singles with tons of outdoor activities and events, setting the stage for love.
- Black sheep and Cheese Bar are highly recommended bars which have a friendly setting and a great vibe.
- Check out the upcoming speed dating events or singles events – joining these gives you a chance to dive into the city’s dating pool.
- Get the ball rolling over a game – you can get the tickets for the live game or you can go to a local sports bar to root for your favorite team. A great way to mingle, flirt, and maybe you will win a date with local Des Moines singles.
Online Dating in Des Moines – Why eharmony is your best bet
For most of us, the hardest part of meeting people offline is getting the conversation started and for some, it is about not finding someone they spark with.
eharmony is proven to be one of the top dating apps where over 2 million couples have fallen in love! The app is built on helping people find deeper connections – making it more about compatibility and less about convenience.
Key-facts about eharmony dating site in Des Moines
- It over 10 million users with active members across 190 countries.
- It has a relatively equal number of male and female sign-ups.
- Personality test suggests matches based on the unique 32 dimensions of compatibility.
- Scientific algorithms do the work – you don’t have to worry about searching the membership base all by yourself.
With exclusive features like icebreaker quizzes, video dates, and more it provides an easy way to start a lighthearted conversation with fascinating singles.
6 best Des Moines first dates
We have rounded up a few date ideas that are worth exploring.
- Java Joe’s or Smokey Row are great options for coffee and conversations – A lot can happen over coffee.
- Dinner and a movie? Well, you can do both at Flix Brewhouse.
- Brunch date? Americana has a great spread. Stroll through the Sculpture Park
- Looking for an adventurous first date idea? The beautiful Grey’s Lake has paddle boats or head up to Big Creek to rent a kayak. Hiking along Ledges State Park will be a memorable experience as well.
- Restaurants like Centro or Django, are perfect for a date night.
- Brenton Ice Skating Plaza –perfect for a winter day.
Singles in Des Moines – Love is just a click away on eharmony
Rock out at a music concert or jog on the city streets. Savor the delicious local food or immerse yourself in an artistic experience. Explore the parks, trails and Adventureland! From the Historic East Village to Western Gateway, finding fun in Des Moines seems to be pretty easy. And a partner to enjoy this urban hub’s experiences would make it feel complete.
Find someone compatible with eharmony’s scientific matching system. Sign up today, and get started on your dating adventure in Des Moines.