It may be known as the lightning capital of the world, but there’s so much more to Tampa than storms and sunshine. The city has great food, four major league teams, world-class amusement park and zoo, abundance of festivals, so it’s no wonder that singles love Tampa. And with nearly 60% of the population being single, finding your perfect partner is more a question of when.
Why dating in Tampa isn’t always a winning proposition
With four major league franchises in town (the Buccaneers, the Lightning, the Rays, and the Rowdies) it’s safe to say that singles in Tampa need to have at least some idea of what’s happening in the sports world if they want to keep the conversation going. But don’t worry if you can’t tell a baseball from a hockey puck; learning about a new sport is still a great way to bond with potential partners.
The city also doesn’t have great public transport, making it difficult for Tampa singles who don’t drive. Luckily, for those that do, traffic isn’t too bad, making getting out on the town that much easier.
How to meet people in Tampa
Ready to dive in to all the fun that can be had in the Big Guava? Here are some of the best places to start dating in Tampa:
- The Brew Bus does tours of local breweries, which is a great way to meet beer-loving singles and indulge in some great local brews.
- Show off your dance movies and find potential partners at Salsa Caliente Dance Studio or VYB Dance.
- Rather help out in the community? Volunteering at the YMCA or the Tampa Bay Group Sierra Club is a great way to meet like-minded singles in Tampa.
- If you’re the more outdoorsy type, try a biking or running club instead, or even a hunting club like Black Dagger MHC. You’ll get to exercise and meet new people!
Reasons to take dating online in Tampa
Singles are turning to dating apps more and more to help in their search for love. Swiping or winking virtually can feel much less daunting than asking someone out in person. Plus, the ability to date form the comfort of your own home is definitely a bonus.
But what if you’re looking for something a little more real? A partner who appreciates your values rather than how you look in that selfie (even if it is pretty good), someone you are compatible with on more than just a surface level.
With eharmony, the focus is on something serious, rather than just right now. When you sign up for eharmony, you are prompted to take a detailed Compatibility Quiz, which is used to create your Personality Profile. The profile is designed to narrow down eharmony’s large, diverse pool of singles to just the ones you are most compatible with allowing you to build deep connections.
How does this work?
Once you complete the Compatibility Quiz, eharmony produces a profile that’s based on 32 characteristics. These characteristics are evaluated using the Compatibility Match System to ensure that you can find someone who matches your values and vision for your relationship and help you create a deep and lasting bond both offline and on.
Ideas and tips for a great first date in Tampa
Tampa has lots of great places for that all-important first personal encounter. Here are some of our favorites:
- Depending on what your speed is, ride a rollercoaster together or pet the animals at Busch Gardens.
- Rent water bikes for a night of fun, adventure, and unique views of Tampa with your date.
- Rather go traditional with dinner and a movie? You and your date can do both at Cinebistro, where you can enjoy a full meal with your movie instead of just popcorn.
- Or paint your own pottery at The Potter’s House, and you’ll have a fun souvenir of your first date.
Singles in Tampa have many options seeking for a partner
Especially in Tampa, singles are spoiled for choice, whether it comes to the number of people to date (almost 60% of the population), or things to do (a day at Busch Gardens, attending a game, kicking back with a cold one…). And with eharmony, finding someone to share all that Tampa has to offer with is easier than ever. Sign up for an account and take the first step towards your happily ever after today!
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.