As the capital of Florida, there’s plenty to see and do in Tallahassee for singles. They can enjoy the city’s plethora of parks and museums, discover its low-key but delicious food scene, and immerse themselves in the history of one of the oldest settlements in North America. Add in great weather and friendly people, and it’s easy to see why people flock to Tallahassee.
A reason that makes dating the old-fashioned way in Tallahassee hard
According to statistics, nearly 70% of the city’s residents are single. Which sounds great, until you realize that half that number is college students. Between Florida State, Florida A&M, and Tallahassee Community College, over 20% of the city’s population is college students, making dating in Tallahassee a little more difficult if you’re outside the college student-demographic. But that’s no reason to be discouraged, singles – the city’s status as a college town and the State Capital means that while the over-25 dating pool may be smaller, it’s still pretty deep.
Hotspots to meet singles in Tallahassee
One of Tallahassee’s best qualities is the number of things to do for singles relative to its size. Our picks for the best places to meet new people in this city:
- Take advantage of being in a college town and sign up for a class at FSU, FAMU, or TCC. You’ll expand your horizons and hopefully find a study buddy for life.
- Take advantage of all that glorious Florida sunshine and sign up for Tai Chi classes at Taoist Tai Chi – it’s a great way to lower your stress levels while meeting fellow chilled-out singles in Tallahassee.
- Or take Rover for a walk at one of Tallahassee’s many dog parks and who knows? You might just find yourself having a meet-cute fit for the movies.
eharmony puts you front and center of your love story
It’s true that the bar scene can be a lot of fun… but it’s also a lot of effort, not to mention that busy Tallahassee singles may no longer have the time to go out like they used to. Which is why dating apps are so great – you can look for your next serious relationship just about anywhere you have an Internet connection. What’s more, taking your search for love to apps means you can take your time getting to know any potential partners in a much less stressful environment than a bar or restaurant.
eharmony understands that it takes more than a great selfie to make a good relationship. That’s why on eharmony.com, user profiles are long and detailed, giving our members the chance to get to know each other right from the beginning.
The dating site and app lets you show off different aspects of your personality with the option to upload multiple photos. If you’d rather let your words do the talking, your profile comes with a ‘Personal Quote’ section as well as a ‘What’s On My Mind’ dialog box to let people get to know you better.
And with eharmony, there’s no need to stress about writing the perfect profile – there is a list of carefully selected questions that are designed to let people get to know you, and vice versa. There’s also a place to list your hobbies, so you can see if you and that cute person who caught your eye like the same things.
In a rush? Still no need to stress. Every profile page comes with a ‘Who Am I’ section that has four meaningful questions – ‘What I’m Thankful For’, ‘Best Life Skills’, ‘Things I Can’t Live Without’ and ‘My Friends Describe Me As…’ – perfect for getting a quick snapshot of someone, and indeed as a jumping off point for longer conversations… and maybe even relationships!
Tips for unique Tallahassee first dates
- Try rock climbing or bouldering at the Tallahassee Rock Gym.
- If you’d rather give your brains a workout, you and your date can head to the American Escape Room for some collaborative puzzle solving.
- Take advantage of the glorious Florida weather, pack a lunch, and head out to Tom Brown Park or Cascades Park for a hiking date.
- Grab a sandwich from the Valhalla Food Truck before heading out to the local flea market; you won’t want for interesting conversation as you see all the unique things on offer!
Tallahassee singles, love is waiting for you in T-Town
It may be a college town, but that’s far from all Tallahassee is. With its long and storied history, vibrant local culture, and plethora of things to see and do. There’s so much scope for dating in Tallahassee, so sign up for eharmony and get started on your romantic adventure today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.