Oakland offers a wealth of advantages – gorgeous weather, affordable housing, easy access to major tech companies and a world-class university, great food and a thriving arts and culture scene, all of which make it a great place to settle down in. And it is even better when it comes to dating in Oakland. With 60% of the population being single, there are a lot of potential partners to settle down with.
Why traditional dating in Oakland can be a challenge
Anyone who’s lived or worked in the Bay Area knows that work-life balance is hard to come by, which means that some Oakland singles may have a hard time finding the time to search for a serious relationship. Plus, casual is the name of the Oakland dating game, which – while it does work for some people – means that finding someone to settle down with can take time – good thing Oakland residents love a challenge!
How to meet people in Oakland
Oakland is a city with a rich history and an even better present, especially for singles. Here are some of the best places to make contact with others in Oakland:
- On the first Friday of the month, explore great street art and support local businesses with OaklandFirstFriday – plus, it’s a great way to start conversation with singes in Oakland!
- Sign up for a food tour and see why Oakland’s food scene is just as good as its more famous neighbor across the bridge… and you might also find someone to share a delicious meal with!
- Another great way to meet someone new? Head to an As game. Baseball is practically a religion here, and even if you can’t tell the pitcher from the catcher you can still have fun and meet potential dates at the Coliseum.
Why dating in Oakland steps into the future
Oalkand was built on hard work and a love of tradition, and that carries through to today. More and more, though, singles in Oakland are looking for love on the Web. Dating online in Oakland means you can bypass people only looking for something casual and instead look for the real, lasting relationship you want.
Your profile on eharmony: Four options to show who you really are
At eharmony, we understand that sometimes, a swipe isn’t enough – you need more than not just a picture. Which is why our user profiles – in addition to having a clear, easy-to-read design – are rich and detailed, letting you get to know any potential partners before making the decision to move forward:
- Along with a ‘Personal Quote’ section you can give readers an idea of who you are to help build your connections.
- Tell any potential partners all about yourself using the series of questions provided by eharmony, and list any hobbies you might have – you never know who might like the same up and coming band, or like to go stargazing!
- And for anyone who wants to make sure that anyone you date knows the most important things about you up front, there’s a ‘Who Am I’ page with answers to four important questions – ‘I’m Thankful For’, ‘Best Life Skills’, ‘Things I Can’t Live Without’ and ‘My Friends Describe Me As…’ – a great jumping off point for those deeper connections.
- There’s also a space for you to upload multiple photos, the better to show off the different aspects of your personality.
Top 3 First Date Ideas in Oakland
Well they said yes, so now it’s time for your first date. Some ideas for dating in Oakland:
- Grab a picnic basket and go for a hike in Oakland Redwood Regional Park – there’s nothing like a first date in nature, even in the middle of the city.
- Don’t feel like hiking? Have dinner at Lake Chalet, where you and your date can enjoy good food and even better views of Lake Merritt.
- Or go old school with a live show at the Fox Theater, and impress your date with its glamorous facades and luxe Art Deco décor, and great live music.
Oakland Singles, your special someone is just a click away
A rich history, beautiful Art Deco buildings, a food scene to rival San Francisco’s (including the best Mexican food in the Bay Area), gorgeous views, and a warm, friendly, incredibly diverse crowd means dating in Oakland is delightful. And with eharmony, finding someone to share all this wonderful city has to offer is easier than ever.