Why traditional dating doesn’t work for Milwaukee singles
A 2019 Apartment List conducted a survey that ranked cities based on how friendly they were to singles who were looking to date. The results of the survey showed Milwaukee at #50, which for some may not be surprising due to the long cold winters as one reason that dating in Milwaukee is sometimes hard. In addition, busy lifestyles make it difficult for Milwaukee singles to make time for themselves, let alone finding a serious relationship with someone who shares their values and priorities. But, there are a lot of amazing things that make living and dating special.
How to meet singles in Milwaukee
That said, here are some of the best places to get to know singles in Milwaukee.
- They don’t call Milwaukee the Brew City for nothing. The city has a long and storied history when it comes to brewing, one you can discover with visits to one of its many breweries, or even a tour of them all. And you might find someone to share a cold one with!
- Don’t drink? Head to the Milwaukee Public Museum or Discovery World or take a leisurely stroll around RiverSculpture, and you might just find your own work of art.
- Milwaukee isn’t just home to some great art galleries and museums, but also some great sports teams. Watch the Brewers play ball, the Admirals sink one in five hole, or cheer as the Bruisers live up to their name. Who better to date than a fellow fan?
Online dating in Milwaukee with eharmony
More and more, singles in Milwaukee (and elsewhere) are turning to the Internet to hunt for love. Swiping right or left feels less intimidating than going up to a stranger at a bar, not to mention it doesn’t require you to change out of your PJs, but what if you want something more serious and long-term? Someone who’ll share your life rather than ghost you three dates in? Someone who appreciates your values rather than how you look in that selfie (even if it is pretty darn good.)
With eharmony, the focus is on finding someone real who you are truly compatible with and will love you for you. eharmony doesn’t just leave love up to chance, it uses 32 dimensions of compatibility to make sure that you find someone that matches your values and vision for your relationship.
Milwaukee matches made with eharmony
Love can happen anywhere, especially in Milwaukee, take the case of Jill and John, who met via eharmony after medical school. A mere six months into their relationship, John was diagnosed with cancer, but the strength of the connection they’d made on eharmony didn’t waver. The two fought together, John attending chemo, Jill running marathons to raise money. Two years and many miles later, John is cancer-free, and they are engaged.
Or look at Talitha and Derek who took the time to get to know each other before meeting in real life.. And it was a meeting that might never have happened, but for Talitha watching a reality show and saw an eharmony ad. She figured she would try it, it couldn’t be worse than yet another disappointing date… and sure enough, it turned into the best decision of her life.
Using other dating apps in Milwaukee can be a challenge, but eharmony makes it that much easier for Milwaukee singles to find love.
First date ideas in Milwaukee
Okay, they said yes… now where do you go on that all-important first date? Some ideas:
- You both have a sweet tooth? Ditch the wine tasting for a chocolate pairing session by Indulge Chocolatiers.
- Put away your smartphone, pack a picnic basket and hit one of the many gorgeous trails around the area. The perfect mini-vacation.
- Looking for a little bit of culture on your first date? Milwaukee has a great performing arts scene, with everything from ballet to Broadway tours and lots in between.
Ignore the nay-sayers, dating in Milwaukee is possible!
In a city filled with singles, there’s always something to do no matter what your interests are or the time of year. Singles in Milwaukee are lucky regardless of what some articles say. With eharmony, finding a special someone to spend the rest of your life with isn’t just possible, it’s easier than ever.