It may be nicknamed Grind City, but living here is anything but, especially for Memphis singles. Whether they’re a fan of music (Graceland and Beale Street), food (there’s nothing like Memphis BBQ), or museums, Memphis offers a plethora of things to see and do. And with a population that’s 65% single, it’s a great time to be dating in this city.
Why the dating scene in Memphis is coined by ups and downs
While the city is definitely full of Southern charm and small-town hospitality, singles looking for deeper connections can find that locals are reluctant to let new people into their long-established friend groups.
The trick, though, is to be patient and persevere, and before you know it, you’ll have a much easier time dating in Memphis. And enjoying all the city has to offer (blues, barbecue, historic sites galore) while you work on making those inroads is certainly no hardship.
How to meet singles in Memphis
- Sports are a great way to connect with others no matter your fitness level, and Memphis has groups for sports from tennis to roller derby to Ultimate Frisbee.
- Or if you’d like something a little slower paced, there’s always volunteering – do some good and meet like-minded singles with Volunteer Memphis.
- Are you really a Memphian if you’re not into music somehow? Classes, singing groups, and even attending concerts are all great ways to meet new people.
- Or get your hands dirty (literally) and find fellow green-thumbed singles at classes and workshops run by gardeners.
eharmony helps singles find someone they’re in tune with
There are pluses to traditional dating, it’s true; however, dating online is becoming more and more common with singles in Memphis and other places. When you look for love online, you can really take your time getting to know someone. Another advantage? How much easier dating sites and apps makes the process of getting to know that special someone.
eharmony has over twenty years’ experience in helping people make deep and lasting connections. Which is how they know that the most important building block of any meaningful relationship – and the cornerstone of how people get matched – is compatibility, and not just the superficial kind.
Thus, you’re asked to complete a Compatibility Quiz, that lets eharmony get to know you, right when you join. Because the better they know you, the more accurate your Personality Profile will be, and the easier it will be to find someone who works for you.
Top 5 Memphis first date ideas
- A Levitt Shell concert is a great, low-cost, low-pressure first date, especially if you or your date love music.
- Enjoy a starry night even in the middle of the city (and no matter the time of day) with a date at The Sharpe Planetarium.
- Combine two Memphis institutions – music and whiskey – with a date night at Old Dominick Distillery Downtown’s listening room.
- Or pack a picnic and head to Shelby Farms, where you can pair a romantic stroll with an al fresco meal.
- Or do dinner and a movie retro style with a date night at the Malco, Memphis’ only remaining drive-in theater.
For singles, Memphis is the birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll and your next relationship
Yes, it’s also called Bluff City… but no lie, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in Memphis. From its world-famous barbecue to more musicians than you can shake a stick at to some of the most deeply fascinating history, Memphis has plenty to keep singles busy while they look for their next partner – and with eharmony, online dating is much easier.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.