Providence has been described as a “perfect bite-sized New England city” and we couldn’t agree more. The city’s location on the river that lends it an artsy vibe, its adorable (and historic) downtown, its numerous college campuses, and the great food scene, the city is a great place, and not just for singles. But Providence has something else in its favor – 66% of its residents aren’t in relationships, meaning that the Providence dating scene is full of potential.
Dating in Providence is challengig But worth it
As the old saying goes, there’s plenty of fish in the sea. But here, getting a bite is easier said than done. Providence’s size – one of the best things about it – may work against it in this instance, with many Providence singles feeling that there just aren’t enough dating choices here. This means singles need to invest the time and effort required to find a suitable partner. Just like with fishing – patience is key.
Meeting singles in Providence
So how does one go about meeting singles in Providence? Here are some of the best ways to meet single men and women in Providence:
- A class at the Providence Art Club is a great way to meet new people and possibly find your muse.
- Sign up for a guided tour at the Providence Athenaeum, the Lippitt House Museum or the RISD Museum – you’ll learn about history and design and possibly make some new contacts.
- Volunteering for a charity or community organization you care about (like Good Neighbors or Recycle A Bike) is a great way to give back and also meet like-minded people.
Why you should give online dating a try in Providence
While traditional dating does have its advantages, dating apps have become more and more popular for singles in Providence and elsewhere. Taking your search for the perfect partner to dating apps has several advantages over traditional dating, especially when you’re still in the looking stage. Online dating allows you to be as specific as you’d like with your search criteria. It also allows you to broaden your dating pool, since you can do it from home rather than heading out to a bar.
First impressions run deep with eharmony
With eharmony, first impressions go far deeper, thanks to the app’s extensive user profiles. Photos let you show visitors several different sides of you, and a space for a personal quote gives them a quick sense of who you are.
There’s much less agonizing over the perfect thing to say in your profile when using eharmony. A ‘Who Am I’ section lets members answer four important questions – ‘I’m Thankful For’, ‘Best Life Skills,’ ‘Things I Can’t Live Without’ and ‘My Friends Describe Me As’. eharmony also offers its users a list of 23 short prompt questions that both showcase their personalities and serve as conversation starters.
One of the most important parts of the profile is the Compatibility Wheel. When users sign up for eharmony, they’re asked to take a detailed Compatibility Quiz, which is then used to create the Personality Profile. Your Profile serves as the base for eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System, which compares your personality, wants, and needs in a relationship and finds you compatible singles that match your other search criteria, and ups your relationship’s odds of beating the odds.
A range of first date ideas in Providence
When it comes to great dating locations, Providence residents have tons of choices:
- Between May and November, there’s no better date in Providence than WaterFire. Have dinner at a riverside restaurant, or meander down the banks listening to the live music and watching the flames dance.
- Enjoy thought-provoking indie theater at the Wilbury Theatre. Bonus: you’ll definitely have something to talk about at dinner after.
- Pull a Sherlock and Watson with your date at Escape Rhode Island – a great way for the two of you to work together – and have fun.
Providence singles, someone perfect for you is out there
Providence may be small, but the city has limitless possibilities. As for dating, there are so many wonderful things to see, do and experience here, whether your interest is in art and design (RISD or the Avenue Concept), history (Benefit Street or the Athenaeum), food and drink (native oysters or coffee milk, anyone?), culture (zoos, theaters, and museums, oh my!) that it’s easy to see why so many singles flock to Providence. Sign up today!