Dating in Philadelphia 2023: How eharmony can help you start a relationship in the city of brotherly love
Dating in Philadelphia has never been easier. It may be the city of brotherly love, but that isn’t the only kind of affection you can find in America’s sixth-largest city, given that over 50% of the city’s population is single1. In addition to a large dating pool, Philadelphia singles can take advantage of a plethora of dining, outdoor and nightlife options in this beautiful and budget-friendly city.
Dating in Philadelphia: how to meet people
If you want to start dating in Philadelphia, first you have to put yourself out there. Luckily, there’s a lot of choices for Philadelphia singles. Philadelphia is considered one of the best cities in the country that still has some elements of small-town charm. Here are some ways to meet new people if you’re interested in giving Philly dating a shot:
- Philly is one of the most historic cities in the United States. Take advantage of going to one of the city’s many museums like the Philadelphia Museum Of Art or the Franklin Institute.
- If you like a night out on the town, hit Fishtown, Manayunk or Point Breeze which are all great neighborhoods to meet Philadelphia singles.
- Philly is a sports city. Check out HeyDay Athletics, which hosts various adult sports leagues. You can also just head to an Eagles, Flyers or Phillies game depending on the season.
- Or join one of the city’s many running or hiking groups like the November Project and enjoy the great outdoors with other Philadelphia singles.
Online dating in Philadelphia has its ups and downs
Online dating has become more and more popular since it got started in the early 2000s, and it’s easy to see why. Looking for love online can give Philadelphia singles access to a larger dating pool than meeting people during their busy, everyday lives. It can be much easier to start a conversation online than it is to flirt face-to-face, especially if you’re a bit shy. It’s also a great option for anyone who’s eager to try dating in Philadelphia but doesn’t have a lot of time to stray from their routines. All you need to find love online is a phone and an internet connection.
Online dating can sometimes be difficult. The endless swiping, the profiles with great photos but no real information about the person behind them. Even if you do find someone, they may not want the same things you do, especially if you’re looking for a serious relationship. But that’s where eharmony comes in.
Why eharmony can be a great choice for dating in Philadelphia
eharmony is online dating with a difference. There’s no mindless swiping through dozens of profiles wondering if any will spark your interest – the app provides you a curated Match List of possible connections. Many eharmony users join the platform to find a real relationship, not just a friends with benefits situation.
How to start dating in Philadephia
When you sign up for an eharmony account, eharmony asks you to take an in-depth Compatibility Quiz, with questions about your personality, your likes and dislikes, what you value in a relationship, why you want one, and even what you’d like your role in a relationship to be.
Then the algorithm works to create your Personality Profile and provides you a Compatibility Score with other members. This Compatibility Score, which looks at several different traits, from communication styles to how you organize your daily life to what your driving force is, gives you a good idea of how compatible you are with any potential partners.
Above and beyond the Compatibility Score, eharmony also places a huge emphasis on your profile, with all members encouraged to have detailed profiles, so you get to know a potential partner before even sending the first message. Dating in Philadelphia can be a difficult journey, but let eharmony be your guide.
First date ideas in Philly
Your account’s been created, you’ve found someone compatible and had a few great conversations, so now it’s time to take the relationship offline. Here are some great first date venues for anyone considering dating in Philadelphia.
- Pack a picnic and head to Clark Park for a chill, low-key first date.
- Rather walk than lounge? A stroll around Boathouse Row and some of Fairmount Park can be relaxing and an affordable option.
- When you think Philly, you think cheesesteak. We would never presume to tell you which the best one is, but we love John’s Roast Pork and Dalessandro’s. Or get a sandwich each from Pat’s and Geno’s and do your own taste test.
- For a first date that’s off the beaten path, take your date to the Museum of Illusions. You’ll have plenty to talk about as well as look at.
- Or go old-school and treat them to a cup or ice cream or a root beer float at Franklin Fountain in Old City.
Take your first steps on your relationship journey with eharmony
Philadelphia is one of the most unique cities in America – steeped in American history yet home to a flourishing street art tradition, diverse communities, and a major metropolis with a scrappy small-town vibe. The birthplace of the Constitution, and the home of Gritty. Dating in Philadelphia promises to be an adventure – and there’s no better companion on your journey to find that special someone than eharmony.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.