Looming under the famous Arch that overlooks this rich and historic city, St. Louis is teeming not just with history, music and culture but also quite a fair amount of incredible dating opportunities. Dating in Saint Louis certainly comes with its perks, as out of the city’s 293,000 population, 71% are single, far surpassing the national average.1. Let’s look at why dating in the city is so special.
Table of content:
How is life for St. Louis singles
Is St. Louis good for singles? While it may have the feel of a big city, locals often like to maintain their sense of Midwest pace and values. This is a city where you’re just as likely to find the love of your life at a Cardinals game, as in a singles bar.
Challenges for St. Louis singles
As the city, dating in Saint Louis has a less intensive approach compared to other big cities where it can sometimes be difficult to approach people and dating opportunities can tend to be somewhat standoffish at the beginning of the dating process. This can make you more reluctant to put sufficient effort into it.
Where do singles meet in St. Louis?
However, there are a bunch of great places to meet interesting new people. Let’s take a look at some great spots.
Meeting St. Louis singles for free in the city
- St. Louis Zoo on Government Dr – Hosts events.
- Citygarden Park in Downtown – Urban park environment.
- White Bison Trail Loop in Lone Elk Park – Meet singles on the trail.
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery Farmer’s Market in Soulard – Singles from other municipalities.
Best attractions in Saint Louis to meet people
- Catch a Cardinals game at Busch Stadium – Friendly atmosphere.
- National Blues Museum on Washington Avenue – History and social opportunities.
- St. Louis Art Fair in Parkway Tower – Singles from all over.
- Sports Monster on St Clement Lane – Pickup new sports and friends.
- St. Louis International Film Festival held in various locations – Film buffs come together.
Some of the best singles bars for dating in Saint Louis
- Broadway Oyster Bar on South Broadway – Live music and vibrant patio.
- The Oz on Monsanto Ave – Pulsing nightclub.
- The Crack Fox Bar – A hipper option.
- Lazy Tiger in Central West End – A more mature crowd.
- Start Bar on Spruce Street – Arcade games.
Online dating in Saint Louis
While the city has great locations for you to meet singles, many people who are wondering how to date in St. Louis will turn to some kind of dating app or site. These services let you get a quick and simple roadmap of the singles in the city, where they are and let you interact directly, from wherever you are.
This lets you chat and flirt more on your schedule rather than committing time, money and energy in the traditional St. Louis dating scene, where results can sometimes feel a bit mixed.
Why eharmony is your best option for dating in Saint Louis
Love, compatibility and lasting relationships – which is what eharmony at its core focuses on – are not about just a superficial connection but also about a connection of minds and deeper values. At eharmony, we help establish these deeper connections that may potentially exist between people by approaching the notion of compatibility from a more scientific perspective, using our Compatibility Matching System.
This system helps to establish which of our members would suit you on a deeper level and who you’d have a better chance of forming a deeper connection with, one which may grow into something lasting and meaningful so that online dating in Saint Louis doesn’t feel like a guessing game and more like something you use to form real and sincere connections.
Starting the dating process with eharmony is easy
Starting couldn’t be more simple. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Sign up on our dating site or download our app.
- When you join, you’ll complete our Compatibility Quiz. This will generate a Personality Profile for you to be used by our Compatibility Matching System to find like-minded St. Louis singles that you’re compatible with.
- Then you’ll just have to set up your profile with some nice and expressive photos of yourself and some of the passions that comprise your life.
- In the Discover section, you’ll be able to view your compatible profiles. Each is assigned a Compatibility Score depending on your respective Personality Profile. You can also use other filters and sorting criteria.
- You can reach out to anyone on your list using a range of communications features, including Icebreaker, a playful alternative to an opening message.
It’s that easy.
St. Louis date ideas
Once you’ve met someone on eharmony and had your first date, you might be at a loss for a good date location. It’s important to come up with something that you think suits your date’s tastes but may also introduce them to something new. Here are a few eharmony suggestions:
- Escape the Room St Louis on Washington Avenue – A good bonding experience.
- Walk in Tower Grove Park – Pristine gardens.
- DogPark Bar in Soulard – Dogs always make good date companions.
- Grant’s Farm in Grantwood Village – History and animals.
- Back Door Comedy & Events in O’Fallon – Laughter always eases first-date tension.
- Soda Fountain at Union Station – A whimsical classic soda shop.
- Aloha STL Mini Golf in Valley Park – A first-date classic.
- Fabulous Fox Theater – Impress with a riveting performance.
- The Delmar Loop – Not as original but always entertaining.
- Skate King in Pine Lawn – A good excuse to hold hands.
Meet someone compatible with you in St. Louis
While the dating pace may be a little slower and less intensive in St. Louis, that doesn’t mean that has to be your pace. We help you take the wheel when it comes to dating in Saint Louis by helping you to connect with the right people. One who suits the deeper you and who is seeking the same thing as you, lasting love.
Get an eharmony account today to start your journey to that person.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.