With the hard-working reputation of its locals combined with its well-known reputation for big city grit, dating in Boston can sometimes feel like attaining that sense of romance and excitement is a challenge. However, finding love in the Hub isn’t as tough as it seems. You just need to look in the right places and the right ways. eharmony takes a look at the dating scene and explores the opportunities hidden behind its hard exterior.
eharmony’s Boston dating check
of the Boston population is single
according to the US Census Bureau
medium cost of dating in Boston
top 3 Boston date spots
Drinks at Harpoon Brewery
Game at Fenway
Stroll around the Arnold Arboretum
Table of content:
The Boston dating scene
While in earlier days, the dating scene here may have had a reputation for being staid and unaffected, with many Boston singles seemingly focused on their lives and career, recent years have seen a change in dating culture. Dating in Boston is flourishing, particularly with the emergence of dating apps and the continued growth of its cultural scene, which seems to have pushed workaholic Bostonians into hosting a more vibrant dating scene.
Is dating in Boston easy? Well, you’ll still find yourself dating a lot of tech industry people, grad students and people who wear sneakers to formal dinners but the spectrum in between has certainly grown even more colorful.
Meeting Boston singles
If you’re wondering, is Boston good for dating, here are some interesting corners of the city to meet your kinds of singles. After all, 69% of Bostonians are single.1
Some free options for finding Boston dating opportunities
- The Lawn On D – Free innovative events.
- Free events like Free Ice Skating at the Common.
- Rose Kennedy Fitzgerald Greenway – Take your dog on a walk.
- Tour Harvard University in Cambridge – Attracts large tour groups.
- Hatch Shell – Lots of free concerts and located on the Charles River esplanade.
Places and activities to meet Boston singles
- Join a fitness class like Beacon Hill Athletic Club.
- Take a short course at one of Boston’s many institutions.
- Urban Adventure Quest at Boston Harbor – Adventure with strangers.
- Join a club at Boston Athenæum in Beacon Hill – Great for meeting people.
Some of the best singles bars in Boston
- Barcelona in South End – Post-work singles venue with a mature vibe.
- Boston Sail Loft in the North End- Upmarket cocktail venue.
- Croke Park in Southie- Historically popular dive bar.
- Legal Sea FoodsHarborside in the Seaport – Stunning rooftop venue.
- Lucky’s Lounge on Congress Street – A good mix of different crowds.
A look a online dating in Boston
The city has embraced the online dating revolution with zeal. After all, on a frosty Boston evening, the convenience of being able to interact and connect with Boston singles without needing to venture outdoors is tempting.
You also get a direct picture of just who’s out there and looking for the same thing as you quickly and simply. Approaching people can also sometimes be a bit daunting for some so online dating in Boston also improves that process by creating a bit of social distance when you first start that interaction with someone, hopefully making you more open. However, eharmony has a very distinct and highly effective approach to the traditional online dating process.
Date in Boston based on compatibility with eharmony
For over 20 years, eharmony has been putting together singles looking for lasting relationships based on a fundamental principle of compatibility. Our services are so effective that every 14 seconds, someone finds love on eharmony.
We’ve achieved this due to our commitment to getting to know our members better so we can find better matches for them. Rather than just forcing members to figure out who’s right for them, we use a Compatibility Matching System that connects our members based on Dimensions of Compatibility, sharing vital insights into various aspects of your match’s personality, what it is that makes you truly compatible and even revealing interesting insights about yourself, your inner values and needs in dating.
Here’s how you can start that journey toward self-discovery and lasting love while dating in Boston.
Getting started with eharmony
- Sign up on our dating site or through our app.
- Upon joining, you’ll have to complete our Compatibility Quiz. Those answers to the questions helps us to build your Personality Profile, which our Compatibility Matching System uses to find only the Boston singles we believe you’d truly connect with.
- Now it’s time to set up your profile. This is a great time to tell your story and what makes you tick.
- Next, check your suggested profiles on the Discover page. You’ll see their individual Compatibility Score. The higher the score the stronger we believe your connection will be. You can filter and sort by things like proximity, age, education, height, income level and so much more.
- Once someone’s caught your eye, reach out.
The best Boston date ideas
When things start to go well, you may want to do the next step on your Boston dating journey and ask for a date. But choosing the right location is also important. You want to share what you like but you also want to impress them with a nice date spot. Here are some of our ideas on some of the best ones:
- Apres…@ Deck 12 in South Boston Waterfront – Heated rooftop bar.
- Bow Market in Union Square – Explore the sights.
- Catch a game at Fenway Park – A Boston favorite.
- ICA Watershed at Boston Harbor – An immersive art experience.
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Fenway – The city’s most romantic museum.
- Middlesex Fells in Medford – Sunset hikes.
- Central Rock Gym in Cambridge – An active climbing date.
- The Liberty in Beacon Hill – Guaranteed to impress.
- Charles River Esplanade in Back Bay – Bring a picnic basket.
- Sacco’s Bowl-Haven in Somerville – Go candlepin bowling.
Dating in Boston done right
Overcoming the sometimes biting cold and joining the emerging Boston dating scene can sometimes take a little effort. But the right person is out there and eharmony can not only help with that search for a deeper connection with the right person who’s compatible with you, but we also help and support you throughout your dating journey until that connection blossoms and grows to its full potential. Register with us today to start the search.
eharmony has helped millions of people find real love over the past 20+ years, and we’re on a mission to help millions more achieve the same.