By posting on our site you agree to all of the following Community Standards, our Community Moderation Policies & Practices and the eHarmony.com Terms of Service, which are designed to create a welcoming, friendly and supportive atmosphere in our Community. These documents are subject to change, so please bookmark this page and check back occasionally.
1. Be kind and respectful
. Personal attacks or hate speech will not be tolerated. When giving advice to other Members, please remember that honesty and kindness are NOT mutually exclusive
2. Be welcoming, especially to newer members. It’s tough being the new kid on the block, so please be especially kind and welcoming to newcomers. Anyone being rude to newbies will be moderated.
3. Keep it clean. Profane or obscene language or photos, or attempts to bypass our moderation filters will result in your entire post being removed.
4. No posts containing or encouraging spam, advertising, fraudulent/ illegal activity or personally identifiable information (email address, etc.)
. This includes potentially libelous or defamatory postings, material posted in potential breach of copyright, or any post encouraging violation of the eHarmony Advice Community Standards or eHarmony Terms of Service
. Any such postings will be removed.
5. Respect the eHarmony staff. While we appreciate legitimate feedback about our service and website, any post containing derogatory comments about eHarmony staff or members of our Member-Moderator team is considered a personal attack will be removed.
6. Do your best to communicate as clearly as possible. Text isn’t always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice – sarcasm, humor, etc. do not always come across when using words on a screen. Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be very clear about what you are saying. Also, don’t type in all CAPS, as your readers may consider this shouting. Divide your posts into paragraphs for easy reading, and go easy on the abbreviations, (ROTFL, YT? OMG) as this may limit your effectiveness communicating with some Community Members.
Members who seriously, persistently or willfully ignore the Community Standards, Moderation Policies and Practice or eHarmony.com Terms of Service will have their posting privileges on eHarmony Advice revoked.
This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, our mission is to create and maintain a positive experience for our Members, and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that. Prior to any banning, when possible the participant will be warned and given a chance to adhere to our Community Standards. However, depending on the circumstances and the severity of the offense, we reserve the right to ban a user without prior notification.
Our goal is to create and maintain a pleasant and welcoming environment for everyone. To that end, we reserve the right to remove any post, thread or Community Member whom we deem to be in violation of the Community Standards or of detriment to the spirit of our Community.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our Community Standards – by doing so you help make the eHarmony Advice Community a great place to be!
Republishing Your Words
One of the best ways to encourage more participation in these discussions is by sharing your very best quotes with a wider audience. Therefore we may take various quotes and use them in emails, advertising, and promotional efforts. If we do so, we’ll only use your screen name and we promise to use great care in the quotes we choose. We will never use a quote from you that is embarrassing, endangering or inflammatory.