Makeup artists might spend their days with beautiful people, but that shouldn’t intimidate you into rejecting a dinner offer.
Here are 15 reasons to date a makeup artist:
1. If you’ve got a pimple, bruise or hickey, your date will have your back — and concealer.
2. Makeup artists see the beauty in people and enhance their best features. It’s a great way to look at the world.
3. Makeup artists are good with their hands, both gentle and precise.
4. Best Halloween costume-party date ever.
5. Makeup artists are mood-boosters. They spend their days making people look and feel their best.
6. Like hair stylists, they become their clients’ therapists and confidantes. Your date will have great people skills — and plenty of relationship wisdom to offer.
7. Makeup artists are team players. On set, they work with wardrobe personnel and artistic directors. For big events, they often collaborate with hair stylists, fashion designers and clients.
8. To be successful in the industry, makeup artists have to set high standards for themselves. There’s no room for slacking off.
9. Makeup artists are adaptable. No two faces are alike, nor are two film sets or clients’ demands. They constantly rise to the occasion.
10. Makeup artists are problem-solvers. When a director asks for a specific kind of black eye or pouty lip, a makeup artist quickly figures out how to deliver.
11. There aren’t a lot of (or any) 9-to-5 jobs out there for makeup artists. Your date has to be entrepreneurial and motivated.
12. Related to #11: Makeup artists are self-employed. They book their own jobs, schedule their own hours and set their own rates. Even when busy, your date will likely have enough flexibility to prioritize love, too.
13. Perks to the job: attending glamorous events, occasionally traveling to vacation-worthy locations, and meeting interesting people. As a makeup artist’s “plus one,” you’ll likely benefit from some of these perks, too.
14. Makeup artists aren’t just creative in front of a makeup chair. If your dream date is someone who appreciates the arts and culture, you’re in luck.
15. If you can’t, for the life of you, figure out how to master a cat eye, a cute pro is willing to teach you.
Why else should one date a makeup artist?