If the words “software developer” make you think of nerdy glasses and pocket protectors, think again. Computer wizards can put the “app” into “happily ever after.”
Here are 15 reasons why:
1. In today’s computerized world, a software developer is unlikely to be unemployed anytime soon.
2. Software developers like to unplug at the end of the day—with candlelit dinners and romantic walks.
3. People who design software are highly intelligent—by necessity.
4. Programmers are accustomed to being “user-friendly.”
5. Software developers know that any new program (or relationship) may have to be “de-bugged” before it meets its highest potential.
6. Software developers are good people to have around when your hard drive crashes, or when a virus changes all your passwords.
7. Someone who understands software knows that true compatibility is all about what’s on the inside.
8. A software developer is always alert for romantic malware (misunderstandings, miscommunications, and misguided assumptions that can infect a relationship, if you are not careful).
9. Software developers are self-assured, having long ago overcome the fear of being called a “nerd.”
10. A quick glance at the amazing apps on your phone will prove beyond a doubt that software developers are highly creative.
11. Computers and romantic relationships have one thing in common: “Garbage in, garbage out.” Software developers know this better than anyone.
12. A software developer believes in the value of regular relationship maintenance—and periodic weekend upgrades.
13. Developers understand that a successful relationship must do more than “function”—it has to make your life better.
14. A software developer can help you finally program your DVR.
15. Software developers learn to see past the ones and zeros of daily life and keep their eyes on the big picture.
What else makes a software developer a good catch?