If your new crush happens to be a local sports coach, don’t shy away from a date for fear he or she will yell “Hustle!” at you if you’re running late. Trust us, they can turn off the locker-room voice and turn on the charm.
Here are 15 reasons to date a coach:
1. Like sports? You can finally watch the game on date night.
2. Are you a newbie to the game? Your date knows the rules — and can teach you more than you’ll ever want to know about the sport.
3. Free tickets.
4. There’s an off-season. Plan your vacations accordingly.
5. Coaches are good motivators, inspiring others to be their best.
6. Coaches are mentors, leading by example and keeping their athletes’ best interests at heart. Date a coach and he’ll look out for you.
7. Sick of dating scatterbrains? Coaches have to be intensely focused.
8. There aren’t a lot of paid coaching positions out there. If you’re dating someone with one, your date is likely well respected and very good at his/her job.
9. Your sports-loving friends and siblings will approve. Your parents might, too, if he/she coaches the right team.
10. Coaches know their sport inside-out and are adaptable and able to change strategies on the spot. If you’ve got a problem, a coach can help you find a solution to it.
11. Hate quiet talkers? Coaches don’t mumble, they project.
12. Coaches are always learning new training techniques and recovery strategies. They have a passion for what they do and are willing to put in the work to be the best.
13. Coaches understand that every individual comes with a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. That specific attention will likely extend to your date’s non-athlete relationships, too.
14. Discipline. If your last date sabotaged your efforts at the gym, this one won’t. He/she will empathize with your desire to set and achieve goals.
15. A coach doesn’t give up. Ever.