Not sure if you should accept that scientist’s invitation to dinner? Here are 15 reasons to date a scientist:
1. You’ll never run out of things to talk about. Just ask your date a “why” question. He/she will likely know the long answer.
2. Those cute lab coats.
3. “I’m dating a scientist” sounds very impressive.
4. You’ll likely win at trivia night if you’re on the same team.
5. Scientists have a keen understanding of anatomy. This comes handy both in the bedroom and when you’re injured.
6. You can joke about your great chemistry.
7. Scientists do meticulous, time-consuming tests and experiments. This attention to detail — and incredible patience — will serve your relationship well.
8. Ever want to know what’s scientifically inaccurate in your favorite sci-fi show? You will now.
9. Access to dry ice and cool chemist’s tools. Best party ever.
10. Dates at the planetarium or science center become extra-fascinating.
11. Hygiene. Scientists wash their hands before and after everything.
12. Science experiments. Wonder aloud enough and you’ll be sure to inspire one.
13. You’ll be updated on all the cool discoveries, research and studies affecting the way we understand how the world works. Your smart date will likely make you smarter.
14. Your own nerdiness will be wholeheartedly embraced.
15. You’ll be dating someone who is always learning and who seems endlessly fascinated in things. That passion is to be admired.
What else? Tell us what’s great about dating a scientist…