I have several good friends who have been hurt in relationships ( who hasn’t?!). The sad thing to me is their reluctance to get back out there, open their hearts one more time to see if they can meet someone new. They are in self-protection mode, living life in their comfortable little boxes and I just want to shake them (gently, of course) and say, “Don’t be so afraid! Life is about love and relationships. Go out there and if you get hurt, pick yourself up and try again.” Of course it’s not that simple … or is it? We are all different and some of us deal with breakups better than others, I realize. But I still think it is tragic to not move forward in this area.
Here are more reasons to get back on the dating horse and try again:
* The more people you meet, the more you learn about yourself and your likes and dislikes.
* You are being a courageous individual by putting yourself out there – that alone is worth it.
* Social interaction is healthy and important for all of us.
* Practice makes perfect. You will become a better dater the more experience you have.
* Do not allow fear to rule your life.
* Even if there isn’t a romantic match, you might just meet a great new person or connection.
* If you don’t try, you will never know who was out there.
* You will make all of the well-meaning family members and friends (who are likely encouraging you to date) very happy!
* Because love is worth it!
What advice would you give to those who are teetering on the edge of getting back into the dating mix?