Dating Do: The Big C
I keep having to learn this golden rule over and over again (!). I conveniently forget how important it is to meet someone halfway, and that the “my way or the highway” attitude is such a path to dating destruction.
Here are some key points about compromise:
• When both people’s points of view are being taken into consideration, they are both happier.
• Validation and understanding are key elements to a successful partnership.
• The ability to not agree yet rise above and compromise reveals a real maturity.
• Your dating life will be much more peaceful when you don’t insist on doing everything your way.
• If there are certain things you won’t compromise on, it’s better to get that on the table earlier than later.
I am sure most of us know this in theory, but little reminders always help me!
How important has compromise been in your relationships? What have you learned about it?
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now