Love is amazing, but can also be blinding. Sometimes our hearts are so set on making it work with someone, we aren’t paying attention to obvious signs that the object of our affection isn’t quite feeling the same way. Relationship coach Deni Abbie reveals 13 obvious red flags that the one you think you love isn’t loving you back.
Written by Deni Abbie, YourTango
Have you ever sat by and watched a loved one, (sister, father, friend) go through a terrible relationship with someone where it was glaringly obvious that the person they were completely head over heels in love with was so NOT in love with them?
While they are making gaga eyes, their partner is ignoring them, busy texting, or talking to someone else. You sit in amazement, with that sick feeling deep in your gut, thinking how can this incredibly bright person be so dense that they cannot see what is so obvious to the rest of the world?
Because they are in love all alone! How do I tell them they are headed down a road of heartbreak and despair? That the love they are feeling is a lonely one-way ticket to nowhere?
The flashing signs are usually glaringly obvious and yet they close their eyes and barrage right ahead, refusing to look at the red flags waving in the warning winds. The best thing you can do is to share this article and hope that somewhere deep inside something clicks, and they come out of that deep lovesick fog and run the other way before it is too late.
A few signs that your partner is just NOT into you:
1. They don’t post pictures of you on their social media pages, but post pictures of other friends.
2. When they are with you, they are busy checking out the opposite sex as they walk by.
3. They are only loving and caring when they want something specific from you.
4. They don’t care about their appearance around you, but really glam up when they go out without you.
5. When you are together, they spend the entire time on their phone texting or talking to other people, as if you are not there.
6. They never do anything for you; it is all about what you can do for them.
7. They would rather hang with anyone else first and you are a last resort.
8. As long as you have money to spend, they are around, but cash is low and out they go.
9. They never give compliments to you or build you up, but find many things to criticize you about, or knock you down.
10. They act like they are doing you a favor by going out with you; because of course nobody else would want you.
11. They will not talk about a future with you, because there will NOT be one!
12. They will not call you sweet endearing pet names (honey, sweetheart, babe).
13. They are not close to your friends, because they don’t plan on staying long.
Ever been with someone like this?
More at YourTango:
Originally posted at YourTango: 13 Red Flags that Prove He’s Just Not That Into You