The largest number of marriages surveyed who met via online dating met on eHarmony (25.04%)
The happiest couples meeting through any means met on eHarmony (mean = 5.86)
• Couples who met through eHarmony are significantly less likely to have broken up than couples who met through all other online dating sites
• Couples who met through eHarmony are significantly less likely to break up than couples who met through any other online method
• Couples who met through eHarmony are significantly less likely to break up than couples who met through ALL other methods combined.
“The overarching goal of eHarmony has always been to reduce the divorce rate by helping build quality relationships that are based on compatibility and not left to chance. To have consistently the happiest marriages with the lowest divorce rate, we now have the foundation in place that will enable the addition of new services as we transform into a more general relationship site,” said Dr. Neil Clark Warren, founder and CEO of eHarmony. “What we’re doing is a true social revolution. If you take away divorce and other relational problems, you’ve taken away one of the greatest challenges that our society has faced. This will change a whole generation and countless other generations to follow.”
The eHarmony difference includes:
• Being the only company founded by a clinical psychologist and based on a multitude of empirical research studies into what predicts successful marriages.
• Founder, Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist and noted author brings over 35 years of experience working with thousands of married couples in distress.
• Approaching matching differently than any other company, with a deep and driving focus on marriage.
• Foundational principle of matching based on Key Dimensions of Compatibility.
• Demonstrated leadership in big data and machine learning fields, leading to continuous improvements in eHarmony's proprietary compatibility algorithms.
• The relationship questionnaire that discovers the qualities that are most important to create a great marriage.
• eHarmony's subscription-based service, which contains no third party advertising, brings together customers who are highly focused on long-term commitment and marriage.
For more information on this study please visit http://www.pnas.org/lookup/doi/10.1073/pnas.1222447110
*John T. Cacioppo, Stephanie Cacioppo, Gian C. Gonzaga, Elizabeth L. Ogburn, and Tyler J. VanderWeele (2013) Marital satisfaction and break-ups differ across on-line and off-line meeting venues. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (www.pnas.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1073/pnas.1222447110/-/DCSupplemental)
aBased on data on 19,131 marriages from 2005 to 2012 from a survey conducted online by Harris Interactive in June 2012.
bBased on data on 19,131 marriages from 2005 to 2012 by Harris Interactive, couples that met on eHarmony had significantly fewer breakups than couples who met via all other methods combined. Combining methods that account for less than 1% of marriages sampled.”
* 2012 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive.®
September 18, 2013
June 3, 2013
April 30, 2013
March 27, 2013
March 18, 2013
January 31, 2013
January 21, 2013
November 12, 2012
March 8, 2012
February 7, 2012
September 20, 2011
August 11, 2011
January 18, 2011
August 16, 2010
August 16, 2010
June 23, 2010
February 9, 2010
January 26, 2010
June 4, 2009
May 8, 2009
March 31, 2009
February 13, 2009
December 1, 2008
November 19, 2008
November 10, 2008
October 6, 2008
September 17, 2008
September 17, 2008
August 6, 2008
July 28, 2008
April 8, 2008
March 7, 2008
February 12, 2007
February 5, 2007
November 8, 2006
February 6, 2006
February 2, 2006