The one thing I am passionate about...
(1) The desire to have a loving, lasting relationship where we support each other's challenges, diffuse differences with laughter and share similar values that make the simple things like waiting in line for gas at Costco, fun; (2) my practice; (3) my kitty and (4) chocolate chip cookies (the soft ones)..
I typically spend my leisure time
1. Spending quality time with people about whom I care 2. Exercise, dancing and outdoor activities (golf, walking/running, bicycle riding) 3. Reading and relaxing while sipping a Peet's coffee 4. Attending theater or improv like The Groundlings.
The most influential person in my life has been
Someone who possesses the qualities of tenderness and toughness, which I in turn respect, cherish and validate - not just on paper for eHarmony?s sake, but in day-to-day living. Kindness, trustworthiness, honor, sense of humor/wit and 1 right foot and 1 left foot (for dancing!!??). The most important aspect is feeling "at home" with my partner as in feeling comfortable. Feeling joyful even in the face of discovering the reversed polarity of my electrical outlets OR having an abominable experience with the delivery of new refrigerator. Laughing about it and MOVING ON!
The last book I read and enjoyed
Lliked Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" but some of the seemingly ironclad conclusions seemed weak; His "Blink" was great. "The Mind and the Brain" by Jeffrey Schwartz. "A Different Kind of Daughter" about a girl who hid from the Taliban in plain sight, to pursue her love of sport, with the amazing support of her non-traditional parents. Dennis Prager's: Happiness is a Serious Problem excellent. Reading Hamilton now for my book club.
The three things which I am most thankful for
- Friends, family and my kitty, Shayna.
- The ability to make a living at what I love doing and about which I am passionate.
- My humor and spontaneity.
The one thing I wish MORE people would notice about me
That my outward persona of confidence and success shares space with a gentle, inward desire to love and be loved.
Friends Describe me as
Articulate, Funny, Loyal, Physically Fit
A little more about me
I meet a man who strikes me as being authentic-his genuine self clicks with my genuine self. He is intellectually stimulating, engaging & has a sense of humor/wit coupled with depth and emotional maturity. We laugh and I leave with a sense that he is someone I could trust and with whom I could share my core values. The icing on the cake would be that he sees value in being a skillful communicator. Feeling physically attracted to one another, we part, being excited about the possibility.