Sure, his hands might be greasy. Assuming the mechanic asking you out washes his hands frequently, there’s no reason to miss out on a dinner for two with this tradesman.
Here are 15 reasons to date a mechanic:
1. Your car will run smoothly — approximately forever.
2. Mechanics aren’t afraid of getting dirty.
3. Mechanics are good with their hands.
4. You’ll have access to advice, tool kits, and hard-to-find spare parts.
5. Mechanics are optimists. They don’t throw out broken stuff; rather they see the potential in every piece.
6. Mechanics are responsible and trustworthy. Others trust your date for their personal safety on the road.
7. Your date enhances the lives of others, helping them get to where they need to go.
8. Mechanics work well under pressure. They also work well with pressure — literally.
9. Mechanics are up for a challenge, always looking for an opportunity to improve a design.
10. Mechanics are curious and constantly learning. They take things apart just to discover how things work.
11. You’ll have the opportunity to make inappropriate jokes about performance.
12. Mechanics are persistent and insist on getting the job done right.
13. Mechanics care about quality, double-checking their work.
14. Mechanics spend their days covered in grease. They know how to clean up well.
15. Mechanics understand safety protocol and the need for adequate protection.
Why else should one consider dating a mechanic?