Even if you don’t know a florist personally, chances are you already have a positive impression. After all, these are the people who make flower arrangements that adorn your table at holiday time, brighten your mom’s spirits on Mother’s Day, spark romance on Valentine’s Day, and celebrate the birth of a friend’s baby.
As if the joy and comfort these people bring to special occasions isn’t enough, there’s something important to consider: The traits and talents of florists could make them exceptional partners. Here’s what you are likely to discover if you’re fortunate enough to date a florist:
1. If you enjoy flowers—and most of us do—it’s likely you’ll be receiving them regularly.
2. Florists are empathetic and compassionate. That’s because they often encounter customers going through difficult times, such as the loss of a loved one or the illness of someone special.
3. On the brighter side, florists know how to add pizzazz to a celebration and make a joyous time extra special.
4. Florists use their artistic abilities every day, creating mini-masterpieces out of flowers, greenery, and ribbon.
5. They are hard-working…otherwise they’d never survive Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and other crazy-busy times of year.
6. Florists are attentive listeners, making sure they hear precisely what customers say.
7. They must be flexible and adaptable, since they deal with last-minute order changes, delivery schedules, and supply shortages.
8. Florists are skilled communicators, relaying accurate information to customers, coworkers, and suppliers.
9. These individuals know how to handle stress, since their work involves deadlines, high expectations, and (sometimes) demanding customers.
10. Florists are dependable—those flowers need to be delivered or ready for pick-up on time.
11. They are in the business of serving and helping…nice qualities in a romantic partner.
12. Being surrounded by flowers, plants, and other living things all day has got to be good for a person’s mental health and outlook on life.
13. Need a centerpiece for your big dinner party or a bouquet for a special occasion, you’ll be in good hands with your personal floral consultant.
14. Florists usually have helium balloons in the shop along with flowers. Another plus for your next party.
15. Should your relationship with a florist evolve toward marriage, flowers for the wedding will be one less thing to take care of!
Why would you want to date a florist?