Everyone has a favorite chef, whether it’s a Food Network hosts, a local cook, or the Swedish Chef. If you love food and can respect the work that goes into making it great, a chef might be your perfect match.
Here are 15 reasons to date a chef:
1. If the way to the heart is through the stomach, expect to fall in love immediately.
2. Chefs are creative and inventive, always trying to come up with something new.
3. Chefs understand precision. Nothing is done sloppily.
4. You’ll likely learn a lot about food and the food scene in your community.
5. Chefs have incredible work ethic, having worked their way to the top and continuing to work long hours.
6. “Chef” is a pretty prestigious job title. Friends and family will be impressed — and will ask to be invited over for dinner.
7. You’ll eat well. Just don’t expect your date to necessarily cook very often. Instead, your date will make sure you eat good food at places where he/she can take a well-deserved break from the kitchen.
8. Chefs work long hours. If you’re independent, or work long/late hours, dating a chef will give you that space you need. Because most chefs work evenings and weekends, get ready for mid-day or mid-week dates.
9. Chefs often have travel opportunities. Try to tag along when your date heads to Paris for a French culinary event or course.
10. Chefs satisfy cravings, making people smile every day.
11. Chefs are problem-solvers. When something goes wrong in the kitchen — or if a customer has a specific allergy that needs accommodating — a chef will remedy the situation.
12. You can bless your date by turning the tables and cooking for him/her.
13. You’ll pick up some mean knife skills.
14. Chefs know how to take charge, leading a team to success.
15. Without food, people would die. Your date is keeping the human race alive.